MOD property?

billsy

Hi guys do any of you have permission to shoot on ministry of defence property with airguns? My local area is surrounded with mod training areas both used and un used, there is also a dis-used camp at the back of my house which is teaming with rabbits, crows and magpies.

I have tried in vain to try and find somebody who is in charge of the up keep of the land and can grant permission to shoot.

The dis-used camp would be ideal to shoot on as there is no public access and it has a security company who control the entrance. The security guys boss has denied me permission to the camp without authority from the mod. If i get permission from the mod he will let me on the property but he says he has no idea who I need to speak to???

So any help with who to contact or previous experience on gaining permission would be greatly recieved.

Cheers

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys do any of you have permission to shoot on ministry of defence property with airguns? My local area is surrounded with mod training areas both used and unused, there is also a dis-used camp at the back of my house which is teaming with rabbits, crows and magpies.

I have tried in vain to try and find somebody who is in charge of the up keep of the land and can grant permission to shoot.

The dis-used camp would be ideal to shoot on as there is no public access and it has a security company who control the entrance. The security guys boss has denied me permission to the camp without authority from the mod. If i get permission from the mod he will let me on the property but he says he has no idea who I need to speak to???

So any help with who to contact or previous experience on gaining permission would be greatly received.

Cheers

I would give up gracefully mate, more chance of being bitten by a daffodil. they don't and wont give permission to the public tried in vein myself, good luck though.

Have tried the email option dazza but nobody bothered to reply.

I am in the forces my self and have spent a fair bit of time on the phone trying to find out who actually deals with access issues but with no results!!!

Everybody just gives me another number which often leads you back to a person you have already spoke to ( hard to try and stay polite ).

I think there is now a civilian contractor in charge of all MOD estates but there seems to be more chance of platting p**ss as finding out who could grant permission.

You might be right fleabag time to give up?

Just winds me up when I can look out of my bedroom window every day at an abandoned camp full of quarry and nobody to enjoy them!

same with me mate, I work on the railway and see places that are absolutely crawling with rabbits at the side of the track - but I am not allowed to shoot there, even when the tracks are closed! most of the rabbits are used to the vans going up and down the access roads, so often dont move.

i shoot on mod land ,the people you need to speak to are defence estates

hello mate i take it your on humphries or quetta somewhere if so the people who may know will be the lot down the bottom of goverment road in aldershot near the driving test place , i forget the name of the place its where they do the gocarts. thats the place where all the housings was controlled when we were doing the referbs down quetta and wakefords a few years back. i tried to et shooting right for the queen elizibeth barracks some time back but never got anywhere so i wish you better luck than me

brain wave i think it modern housing that run it all now.

anyway hope this helps

lee :unsure:

Hi guys do any of you have permission to shoot on ministry of defence property with airguns? My local area is surrounded with mod training areas both used and un used, there is also a dis-used camp at the back of my house which is teaming with rabbits, crows and magpies.

So any help with who to contact or previous experience on gaining permission would be greatly recieved.

Cheers

what MOD land is this, is it gibraltar barracks by chance, and the minley training area, if so then thats my permision, but sadly not with airguns, only shotguns. member of the pheasent syndicate that has the rights, part of the membership is rough shooting rights, including pigeons etc.

You could ask the security company where they send there invoices to, some one there needs to authorise payment.

what do you know about security companies then? I know someone who has a security company and he drives a red BMW... :blink: would you trust him, they are all drug dealers. :good:

Hek been sussed, got me thinking now, emm have to do some homework, you sound plymouth ish. G

Now here's a question... Is MOD property considered "private property". As far as I'm aware, you will only get charged with "Armed Trespass" if caught with a firearm on "private Property" with out the owner's permission. One way to find out who the owner is though.. :good:

define what you mean, are you saying that we as the taxpayers own a percentage of that land because i don't think the mod or police much care about that, tresspass is tresspass, fac is worth to much to risk that :blink:

legal definition of private property:

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary....rivate+property

"private property n. land not owned by the government or dedicated to public use."

and again here http://www.thefreedictionary.com/private

a. Belonging to a particular person or persons, as opposed to the public or the government: private property.

another definition here: http://www.legal-explanations.com/definiti...te-property.htm

Private Property

n.It is a system to allocate the ownership of pieces of land to particular people,who exercise full control on it without the society or the government having any ownership or legal right unlike common property.

If I'm right, then MOD land is not private and therefore Armed trespass laws do not apply.

Just so everyone understands me, I'm not saying it's ok to break into MOD property. But if the gate is open ...

Edited by rabid bunny

Dear o dear.

I can categorically say that if you don't get permission and start shooting on MOD land you are going to end up in some VERY deep doo doo.

rabid bunny - try explaining your theory to a MOD Guard, or even the Provost - let me know how you get on :good:

I believe they will throw the 'aggravated trespass' one at you :no:

Edited by BSA Shaun

mod land is owned by the ministry of defence(obvoiusly),there are areas that you can walk on when red flags are not flying and areas such as weapons testing and firing ranges and top secret areas that are permanantly restricted to the general population. if someone where to wander across this land without prior shooting permission then losing their licence should be the last thing on their mind as if nobody knows you where there you could be blown up,shot or seriously injured by unexploded shells that litter some parts of mod ground.my advice is take the neccessary steps to find out where you could shoot,its not common knowledge to the general population but if you apply to the mod for a "potting licence" they will allocate you some ground to shoot on if granted but you will usually be restricted to using only a shotgun.