Is a LOP of 15 1/4" unusual?

Si-Bore

I am in the process of extending my AYA number 4 stock length. Currently it is 14 1/4" but I feel this is cramped for my long arms. I think that 14" seems around the average. I decided to play around to see what felt best with stock length. Approx 15 1/4" feels a nice fit. The extention is being done by a skilled friend and will be permanent so want to get it as comfy as possible. Just looking around on guntrader etc tells me that this is an unusual length - just out of interest does anyone else use a LOP in excess of 15" (especially s/s guns)?

Thanks

Si

I am in the process of extending my AYA number 4 stock length. Currently it is 14 1/4" but I feel this is cramped for my long arms. I think that 14" seems around the average. I decided to play around to see what felt best with stock length. Approx 15 1/4" feels a nice fit. The extention is being done by a skilled friend and will be permanent so want to get it as comfy as possible. Just looking around on guntrader etc tells me that this is an unusual length - just out of interest does anyone else use a LOP in excess of 15" (especially s/s guns)?

Thanks

Si

Si,

If you forgive the language but you must be a bit of a big ****** or have monky arms to want a LOP that long. Also when you are trying this to get "a nice fit" what are you wearing, ie same coat ect as you will be when using the gun or a tee shirt in the living room.

Also with the s/s game gun what does the mounting fell like ?. I have a short stock on my s/s than I have on my OU for the exact reason of having to mount it from any position as I mainly do walked up rough shooting.

Just a few of my thoughts anyway

Trev

Thanks Trev

To be honest I was just about to go to get my coat on so I check it out. :good: My friend has a similar s/s (dimension-wise) but has an extra inch on the stock and which I shoot so much better with and feel much more comfortable when mounting. I may go for 15" with mine to allow for the jumpers and coat etc. I am in the middle of replacing the mainspring in my AYA so can't assemble it to test it out so I will have to wait until the spring arrives.

Ps I do have long arms. :P

Si

• 3 years later...

My standard stock length is 15 1/4" since I`m 6`4"tall.

Before I put on quite a bit of weight my guns were stocked at 16 1/2" and an acquaintance of mine has a single piece stock measuring 17 1/4 ".

The off the shelf stock measurements of many manufacturers such as AYA, Benelli (especially),Beretta etc, are actually too short for a great many people of taller northern European stock.

Most of our stock dimensions are actually, and quite arbitrarily, decided upon by makers who`s main market is shorter and stockier southern Europeans, or fat yanks dressed up to the eyeballs in their winter duck hunting kit.

You are not a freak. Those people who can actually shoot with the shorter off the peg stocks are practically midgets.

• 2 weeks later...