Anything they can do...

Yorkshire Pudding

......lads arrested in scotland for running a fox......2 young lads surrounded by "adults" when they were ferreting......shoot disrupted by masked crusaders.....nails in oranges rolled under the hounds and horses at numourous hunts.......tacks thrown infront of the hounds at badsworth hunt(witnessed that 1 ).......letter bombs sent to various "targets" such as farmers , game dealers , fur traders............blah blah blah.........sure you can think of more...

when do we fight back.Civil disobedience seems the only way ahead to me.........(after takeing advice for my learned collegue it seems this post might be a bit inflamerety, its not intended to be at all.If u take it that way then so be it.But i will not be held responceable for your actions) think that covers it!!!!!

all the best Y.I.S      YP

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! YP :D  :D  :D

Bit like rugby - retalliation is worse than the initial offence  :D

All that would happen is they would use our outburst as proof of our 'ignorance' and to justify their motives.  :D

Our time will come, but this could be interpreted as incitement to violence - a very serious offence down South  :D  :X

Here in Ontario we just had a ruling from our primeminister that it is our inherent right to hunt and fish as part of our heritage. This means that no one can ever take our right to hunt or fish, it does not however mean that the government cannot take the right to hunt individual spieces away from us. However, they must make this decision under sound wildlife management practise, or we can sue them. As a matter of fact there is a law suit against the provincial government concerning the cancellation of the spring black bear hunt in court at present.

The best thing this did for us  was to allow us to fight back against the anti's. If anyone interfers with you while you are legaly hunting or fishing and this can be as simple as throwing rocks at your fishing float or duck decoys we can have them arrested ,jailed, and fined. These charges can be wildlife related,tresspass related, or cruilty to animal related such as spreading tacks and broken glass under the horse and hounds.

This has been our greatest step forward in a long time. I would suggest that you form a governing body of all you sporting groups no matter what the dicipline. Include everyone from the ferreter, terrier man, lurcher runner, hawker right up to the huntsman with his hounds. Stand together as one body, fight together as one body, and win together as one body. Look at having hunting classed as a right and not just a privlige, hire legal council as one group and fight back in court where you can do the most damage to the anti's agendas.  P.S. sorry about the spelling

NTTF, what you suggest, is what the Countryside Alliance and the BASC are doing.

The unfortunate thing with this country is, that it still has a "class" attitude.

Much of the objection to hunting with hounds, is because the illusion is that, the "upper classes" do it.  

We are also a very small country and increasingly the town is intruding into the countryside.

We don,t have any wilderness to go and hide in.

We have to shoot near roads, footpaths and houses.

The "right to roam", has caused so much confusion, that people believe they have the right to walk anywhere.

Our government is a "populist" one.

The rationale isn,nt "is it right?", its, "will it be popular?".

The minority viewpoints love this, because it means they can shout loud and be taken notice of.

The silent majority lose every time in these circumstances.

I think the real civil disobediance will come, if they ban hunting with dogs in England.

I personally think Blair is too scared to do that.

Ok here we go...

Pieman. Our time will come ... when ? When we send a cats whisker under 1/2 a million, down to london, to protest against legislation that the current goverment is trying to enforce through parliament?

Or when we fight back like the dirty murdering criminals we obviously all are.Sorry i'm getting sick of folks who dont have a clue about what goe's into the countryside.Apparently fields,hedges,lambs and nice green areas just appear out of thin air.

unless "spoken" to i will desist on this topic.

yours fallin off his high horse YP

all the best YIS

Stop being silent, utilize the voice of every farmer, hunter, horseman, shepherd, farmers daughter and milkmaid. Let your voices be heard from the owner of the pub where you congegate before and after the hunt to the town shop owner where you buy your clothes, you are all connected, and all have something to loose.

I know all about the tendancy of the townies to move into the country, putting up signs, fences and gates. I know what it is like to have to shoot beside busy roads, or close to town, and what its like to loose a good night hound to a car. However I am  bred, born, and raised country as our my children. Buy standing together united their will be a country that our children can hunt in and and raise our grandchildren in. Divided we stand the chance of loosing it all.

Very interesting post

Which I think can be debated till dooms day

Our friend in Canada has raised some fine issues which if implemented would surely help us in our time of despair.

I must say that in my area I have never had or heard of antis stopping a shoot, or interfering with the hounds running the open hills for fox, I wouldnt like to be an anti that tryed to stop some of my shooting aquaintances, would be more fun watching the outcome than watching the hounds( forgive me interjecting humour into such a serious post ), I am not saying that retaliation is the correct way to go, but as Yorkshire pudding has so rightly insinuated there is only so far someone can be pushed.

My favourite saying.

You can let someone #### on you but you dont let them rub it in.

I look forward to the good old days when if you had a shotgun or rifle cert you were looked upon by the public as an upstanding citizen, now we are no more than murdering barbarians.

I think the media (tabloids) do nothing to suport us rather go for the side of the anti's which makes for better reading therefore sells more papers.

You just have to look at the olympics, If we get a gold medal, usualy the winner of the medal becomes a household name seen on most popular TV shows and quiz panels, I personaly have not seen Richard Faulds on such programes.

Do the anti's have that much say over what is acceptable and what is not.

cheers