Churches

lurcherboy

Thank you Taz for a sensible reply.

He hit it on the head there as I have been told many times by people that I could never, ever equal, that the god/good thing is in you rather than a building.

Mark, if you have relatives you have more to worry about than pedophile priests <_<

LB

:huh::lol: :lol: :good::lol:

We have a shooting Vicar in our Syndicate, and he is a damn nice bloke. By all accounts he was a bit of a "PLAYA" in his days before he went into the church, somne of the stories I have heard make some of the above comments laughable.

SS

PS how/why/who let LB be the person to guide a young person's life. <_<:lol::huh::lol::good:

and some of these may make you want to cry.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/sto...1001664,00.html

I've never known what to make of religion, the god thing baffles me. For centuries we've followed the bible, praying and worshipping "god". The thing that pushes me away from it is this... If god is so great, how did WW1, WW2 and loads of other battles ever get started, along with the plague and other huge **** ups of history? In my opinion if anyone with the said power of "god" can sit back and watch that happen without getting involved, I have no time for them anyway!

Mark, if you have relatives you have more to worry about than pedophile priests

care to elaborate please C.

I don't but will. Your children are more likely to be ****** by a member of your family/friends/neighbours rather than a member of a church.

LB

if you say so.

my eyes are green iam not.

im a catholic not religious but i know enough. last time i went to church was my dads funeral in october now i cant even dream of stepping in there (2 many memories) neway the church is jus a building for worshippers 2 pray its only really ment to be essential on sundays due to tradition nothin says we must worship. anyway people are blinded by all this peodofile stuff in the church and it aint just the church its everywhere but priests and vicars are humans like everybody not perfect wat worse n more of a worry is the muslim clerics who preach hate n cause violence.

I'm not a believer, nor do I attend any church and am slightly suspicious of anybody who does. However, most churchmen seem to want to do good, a rare commodity, yet most of the comments here mention child molesting. Either a majority of you grew up in Dickensian workhouses where such things were rife or you are simply uneducated and over-compensating for personal issues into which we need not delve.

The loony cults deserve investigation, unless it's mine, where I get to live off the members and enjoy jiggy jiggy with the nubile sixth-form girls...