Tried the magnet on the rape today

Si-Bore

Hey guys

Decided to try a new spot today after seeing 1000's of pigeon grazing the field of rape. I used dead birds in the traditional horse shoe shape but put the magnet closer to me, about 10m from the front bird just off to one side. The birds decoyed brilliantly despite being shot at often around my area! :good:

I was really pleased to bag 20 which is my best so far as I am fairly new to the world of SG. I shot 30 cartridges too so think me and the gun were working well today.

Roll on the next shoot (tomorrow at 7am) ;)

Si

Well done mate :good: Thats a good bag this time of year and more so for a Newbie....Hope you manage to keep among them and scan this site it's full of usefull info. You'll be suprised what you can learn off here......Like i said well done and best of luck for future outings ;)

Cheers guys. I really enjoyed it. Out of all the birds I distinctly remember 2 I was proud of: a fast over-head pigeon about 15m from me which really got the full pattern and a nice 40m left to right that crumpled under the blast.

Memories that will stay with me I'm sure. :good:

Regards

Si

Cheers Rob. I followed a few of your tips and - hey presto! :good: I placed the magnet 10m into the wind between me and the from the furthest bird forward in the pattern. The birds decoyed very well and it was very exciting. I used dead birds only in the pattern. Most of the birds that flew over came in well comitted. Quite a few landed too even with the magnet going! :good: Roll on the next session. Was a nice taste of what it can be like!!

Cheers

Si

Edited by Si-Bore

SI ,there is still plenty of pigeon shooting to come , rape might be a bit hit and miss at the moment , but they are about to start the spring drilling my way ( Norfolk ) and the pigeons should start to hit clover soon. Last year the best shooting of the year came at the end of this month and March.

Edited by anser2

I had the same set up as you yesterday Si,along with the magnet I had 7dead birds and some sillo socks in a horse shoe shape.I had just got into the hide and they were over the decoys.I shot 36 woodpigeons in 2 hours and then they just switched off completely, good job as I promised to take my wife shopping in the afternoon. !!!!!!

Hendo