Who here can bang out a round of Skeet straight?

Peter De La Mare

Can you shoot Skeet straight?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Can you shoot Skeet straight?

• Yes
    • No
    • Nearly, 23/24 ex 25

Only done Skeet 3 times as i only started shooting clays at xmas .

Yesterday i hit 16 !! the funny thing was on stand number 1 i hit the high and low singles , then when shooting at the high first with both birds together !! i shot both birds with the first shot second was clipped then shot the remains of the second .

He said nothing for two in a bed and i had to retake the shots .

Lucky i managed to hit both again .

Its so easy to stop the gun i have found

then the next time you shoot it try this, after shooting the target follow the largest broken pc to the ground or out of sight, you can occupy your mind by saying bang bloody bang if you like, it keeps you and the gun moving.

as for hitting two birds with the first shot, its fun but non productive, obviously your first shot is slow, take the bird earlier, forget the other target until the first is broken, from station one with the pair you have plenty of time to hit the second bird.

i'm not sure if any of you guys shoot international skeet, the rules are slightly different and the targets faster and harder, physicaly harder as you dont want them breaking in the machine, then for the faint of heart a delay of up to 3 seconds from "PULL" to seeing the bird, at no time will the gun move from the mark on your hip until the target presents itself.

birds as follows

st 1 single high and pair

st 2 as above

st 3 single high single low and pair

st 4 as above

st 5 as above, pair shot low house 1st bird

st 6 single low and pair, as above

st 7 pair low fisrt

st 8 single high and single low

25 birds, no option.

if you get the chance shoot it a few rounds, than go back to ASA or ordinary skeet, the birds look like pumpkins in the air.

its all about the fun

Martin

there is no fun in ISU

its just same old skeet with stupid rules

this from someone who obviously sucks at it :rolleyes::drinks::stupid: as ive said a number of times, if your not having fun, walk off.

even on a bad day of shooting i still turn it into something fun, always try to come away from a shoot with wisdom, theres always something to learn.

Martin

martin yes i probably suck at it. i shot 23 on my first ever round but i dont believe i ever bettered that.

ive shot it a few times at glos skeet club but tbh got bored quicker than quick. i just dont see the point of the gun down rule, if you want to make the sport harder it would be better to shoot it from another 20yard back.

martin yes i probably suck at it. i shot 23 on my first ever round but i dont believe i ever bettered that.

ive shot it a few times at glos skeet club but tbh got bored quicker than quick. i just dont see the point of the gun down rule, if you want to make the sport harder it would be better to shoot it from another 20yard back.

your spot on mate, i shoot a lot of handicapped skeet, we also step back 6 feet first time 12 feet second time round, different game, all have their good and bad points.

20 yds a bit to far for my pinkies to see though :good:

dont ever get ****** off to the point you dont want to shoot it though, shooting it from the hip point makes it tough, im sure you can try this though

shoot the next time from a pre mount, get confident, the next round drop the gun just off the shoulder, the next time a little lower, you will soon build your confidence up, i was lucky enough to be taught by an ex Canadian Champion, hes a grumpy old *** now but the son of a bitch can still shoot.

i will look to getting up to glouster the next time i'm home, you can show me up :)

Martin

I watched a couple of American Air Force lads at Bentwaters, several years ago, both shot a round of skeet straight, and from the hip! Very humbling to us mere mortals! Anyone remember the barbecues over there? S'truth, enough meat in a bun to feed a family for a week.