Essex v Bucks

Bagsy

Ok all, after a cracking day last week at Drayton Parslow let's get some thoughts together for the return shoot and the 2nd hammering of the Bucks team!!

There was some discussion about staging the shoot at Copfurn (Margaretting) http://www.claypigeonshoot.co.uk/Copfurn.htm

If everyone is happy with Copfurn then the dates for the remainder of '08 are as follows:

March 2nd, 16th & 30th

April 13th & 27th

May 11th & 25th

June 8th & 22nd

July 6th & 20th

August 3rd, 17th & 31st

( It's possible that the V festival will disrupt August 17th, please check back nearer the time )

September 14th & 28th

October 12th & 26th

November 9th & 23rd

December 7th & 21st

So chaps and chapettes - who's coming and what are your thoughts on the venue and a possible date etc?

I'll put the same post on the other site. Let's get it on :good:

Edited by Bagsy

I met up with the Outlaw, fishybarney and The great cornholio today at Broomhills for a round of sporting. I won incidentally on 70/100.

Tony said he would need to wait until his county CPSA fixtures are out because he will be busy weekends shooting that stuff. He suggested possibly a summer evening meet.

Fishybarney needs to use the hat again though :drinks: Although he shot extremely well considering he has only been shooting 4 weeks.

I used some more homeloads as well and they seemed to work. :rolleyes:

Fishybarney needs to use the hat again though :drinks: Although he shot extremely well considering he has only been shooting 4 weeks.

I know, i couldn't believe it at the last Essex/Bucks shoot. He got 50% and was still beating himself up about it!?!?! I wish i shot that well a year after starting let alone 4 weeks, hell i wish i shot that well now come to think of it! :rolleyes:

EE, not with you? You want to do JJ's instead of Essex Masters? :stupid:

• 1 month later...

Well, as a "ringer" for the Bucks team, I'm not really qualified to comment, but as of this weekend the main Sporting season gets into full swing, with quality events on virtually every weekend, and I'm booked solid nearly every weekend through to September.

Now, here's a suggestion, the Essex & Herts Sporting Championship is being held at Hepworth Hall on Sunday 18th May, this will be a re-run of the Essex Masters, with quality targets over a good 100 bird layout.

I will certainly be there to regain the Herts County Champion badge, (which I foolishly let slip away last year..!! :good::good: ), why not invite the Bucks Boys & Girls down for the day..??

It will be a tad tougher than Drayton Parslow, but a damn good testing course, so how about the re-match there..??

Cat.

Well, the going rate for these shoots now tends to be in the £35 - £37 range.

I paid £37 for the 100 bird Berkshire Sporting Championship last Sunday at 4 Counties.

It's always a tad more expensive than a normal 100 bird registered because the Counties normally add a levy of a couple of quid to boost their coffers, I suppose that's understandable, I don't begrudge supporting my County committee..??

Cat.