Guide to Rabbit hunting?

xyBa

There are a few dvd's floating round on ebay that have some good guides. Think one is called total airgun hunting and another was total pest control that I got. There are a few to choose from and they are all cheap as chips, I paid a couple of quid each.

Try searching this site, there are some really GOOD tips and tricks, that members have put in a lot of time and effort to help people with techniques in hunting, stalking, shooting, skinning and cooking. I have found numerous tips which have helped me improve my skill. At least now I can hit the barn door from 10 paces! :yes:

• 1 year later...
the Pete Wadeson book is excellent, i'd highly recommend it.

There also a good video by James Marchington called Rabbits...

http://www.marchington.com/

I tried the web-site link, but all it directed me to was an ebay site for his goose dvd.

Spoke to James who said that he is putting it up again on ebay again later today

silent clothing ,silent movement[open your mouth to open the auditory canal and listen to yourself,be your own biggest critic]stay downwind and move slowly,watch and listen to what is going on around you and try to see everything before each movement,and you wont go far wrong master luke :angry::good::good:

slowly does it-every time-halving your pace doubles your chance of succes.Stay calm once you are sure that you can kill at the range you are shooting from-forget that its a rabbit and treat its head as a golf ball -once the shot is off practice freezing until the shot strikes home-good luck.

Ok i have mastered my target shooting and can get within 20yrds of my rabbits. Where should i shoot the critters?!! i have had a few kills but never had a kill where the rabbit just drops with not a step. so head shots? heart shots? any more info on dropping them instantly.

Draw an imaginary line from the eye to the base of the ear, then aim for the middle on this line and they wont know whats hit them. If it is head on straight between the eyes, if its got its back to you, firstly thats ignorant and secondly silly, where the ears join the head imaginary line from one to another and aim for the hey diddle diddle. Then warm up the pot and enjoy!

Draw an imaginary line from the eye to the base of the ear, then aim for the middle on this line and they wont know whats hit them. If it is head on straight between the eyes, if its got its back to you, firstly thats ignorant and secondly silly, where the ears join the head imaginary line from one to another and aim for the hey diddle diddle. Then warm up the pot and enjoy! Chrispti as the perfect picture on his siggy

the Pete Wadeson book is excellent, i'd highly recommend it.

There also a good video by James Marchington called Rabbits...

http://www.marchington.com/

I tried the web-site link, but all it directed me to was an ebay site for his goose dvd.

Spoke to James who said that he is putting it up again on ebay again later today

James's DVD is now on ebay

Edited by amateur

My blog on learning to hunt rabbits isn't really a guide, but I've certainly been going through the process of learning these last six months and I' ve been writing as I've been doing it:

It's called Rabbit Stew: http://austeritygrub.blogspot.com/

(In the background as I write this is - actually - a bubbling rabbit stew from one I managed to get yesterday!)

Best of luck!

Edited by Peter_O