Storage of spare gunsafe keys

DramaQueen

why go to all that expense ?

seriously, just gaffer tape it to your privates. just the thought of removing the gaffer tape is bad enough that you'll never lose your other key. :yp: :no:

LMAO

Use a glue gun, pain all the way ;)

Can we make this a pinned thread for newbies ?

LV's TOP TIP: BUY Gaffer Tape shares now. The prices are going to rocket when this hits the news....

Edited by LV

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Duck tape them to the underside of a wardrobe or filing cabinet. Somewhere where anyone searching would have to move a lot of stuff just to look. They are your spare set so they dont have to be instantly available, just safely to hand if needed.

I am frankly astonished at the lengths people have gone to. I simply leave one set in the top keeper hole on my cabinet and the other set in the bottom one.

Not only does this mean I know exactly where they are, but as an added bonus they are always nice and handy when I need to unlock it.

To avoid similar mishaps I have created a public google maps page which not only shows the location of my weapons but also the location of the keys.

Like PeterTheGeek I have also chosen to leave the keys in the locks they pertain to - the mrs kept tidying up and putting them in "a safe place" so I superglued them into the barrels.

I don't have to worry about them now, HANDY! :no:

To avoid similar mishaps I have created a public google maps page which not only shows the location of my weapons but also the location of the keys.

Like PeterTheGeek I have also chosen to leave the keys in the locks they pertain to - the mrs kept tidying up and putting them in "a safe place" so I superglued them into the barrels.

I don't have to worry about them now, HANDY! :no:

That would be the lock barrels, or the gun barrels?

I tired the gun barrels but I had a nightmare with chokes and patterning and decided the locks were a better bet.

I could hit clays if they looked like candle light shining through an old door, but nowt else!

Edited by pin

Ha Ha Ha, some brilliant replies, gave us all a good laugh. When I was installing P O safes in the 80, and 90,s I had to deliver/install a new one to a small village Sub office in leicester shire as thieves had broke in overnight and took the previous one! after speaking to the Postmistress about it ,she was complaining about the damage caused to her tiled floor, and said...... And this is the godshonest truth......... There was no need to wreck the place, they could have just used the safe keys!!! and pointed to the safe keys hanging on a hook on the wall about 2 feet above where the safe had stood. :no:

:no: I have a spare set taped in a place that no-one would ever find, lisa has no clue that they are there....the set i use, i used to keep in the same room as the gun cupboard, inside the snake vivarium sat next to the cupboard, the snake is nasty and cranky, but one day she **** on the keys and they rusted overnight, so now they are somewhere else!!!!!

This is her:

b_000628.jpg

b_000647.jpg

and you wouldnt want to startle this girly!!!!