New Chokes for a Browning B525

the_commoner

beginner here helpo needed !!!!

i have recently bought a second hand browning b525 premium gold, 30'' barrels 12g.

i have 4 chokes 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and full but would like a skeet / cyclinder choke.

the chokes are extended and have INVx2 on the side.

can you buy flush chokes for this gun ? if so anyone know where from ? does anyone know what thew INVx2 means ?

cheers in advance

B525 has standard Browning Invector chokes - not Invector plus. On Invector chokes, the thread amounts to almost half the length of the part that screws into the barrel. On Invector plus, it would be less than a third. Winchester winchokes fit these guns. Usually some on Ebay.

B525 has standard Browning Invector chokes - not Invector plus. On Invector chokes, the thread amounts to almost half the length of the part that screws into the barrel. On Invector plus, it would be less than a third. Winchester winchokes fit these guns. Usually some on Ebay.

thats not quite right gordon.

some 525 have invector plus and some dont when i got mine is was an extra £50 for invector plus, like the 425 and 325 also sometimes invector plus and sometimes not.

Hi Meinderby,

I have recently purchased a 525 Advance which has the Briley Extended chokes, I am also looking to get some flush fit ones for it.

Chris Potter in Kent is the Briley authorised seller according to the Briley site and seems to be quite cheap too.

That's where I will be getting mine from.

Rgds

Hewey

Last Engineer - I am grateful :blush: . I bought a 525 Advance Trap last year and was very disappointed to discover it had the standard Invector chokes. Never thought to check - just made sure they turned freely in the thread. It only came with the two fitted - no spares. Why are Browning still making them with standard Invectors? It seems a retrograde step.

Last Engineer - I am grateful :blush: . I bought a 525 Advance Trap last year and was very disappointed to discover it had the standard Invector chokes. Never thought to check - just made sure they turned freely in the thread. It only came with the two fitted - no spares. Why are Browning still making them with standard Invectors? It seems a retrograde step.

bloody good question, i just visited one sight listing all advanced 525's from ultras to trap and cynergy's, sporters grade 1 through 6

chokes listed are

invector

invetor plus

midas ip

briley

and fixed 3/4 fulls

thats not to mention after market brownings line for each, kinda defeats the purpose of making one set of prooven tubes for the range of guns sold, my understanding is Miroku (japan) make all browning barrels now, i dont think the Belgiun fabrique make any, other than specials, some one may want to tell them one choke system all guns would reduce a lot of cost on these bad boys.

hows your 525 running Gordon, although i love mine it weighs a ton with the adj stock, i'd like to rip that off and put a skelton on for sporting, something i havent played with yet, the 32" barrels swing smooth, it just gets tiring after a days clays.

Martin

Martin- I only shot it the once. The stock had the highest comb I have ever encountered. Swapped it for a Miroku MK38 Trap with adjustable stock. That is in the gunsafe - semi unused.

I shoot a Browning XT Trap 32" with Teague chokes. My son uses my Browning 32" GTI - adjustable stock (did that myself), choked 3/8 and 3/8.

your boys GTI does it "ping" when shot? all the GTI's ive seen here have this crazy ping sound when shot, could never figure that out.

as to the 525 my best comp guns are the ultra XS one in 30" the other in 32" config, i have matched the stocks, and mapped the barrels they arent perfect but are as close as you can get, love em both to death.

must admit to taking a liking to the new 625 though, not heard any reveiws but im sure it will work as well.

just need an excuse for another gun now :P:lol::P :blink: its monday , good enough

Martin

Martin - makes no unusual noise, but trigger pulls are lighter than Browning / Miroku standard. The GTI is the best handling of my three Browning / Mirokus.

I have just put my MK38 Trap stock on my XT. The XT came with a Gracoil recoil device fitted on the end of the stock. I put a couple of spacers on the tubes to prevent the device working. I cannot get used to the "bounce". I got fed up with the stock and swapped them over. I rarely use the Miroku.

Now all I need to do is find someone who likes Gracoil devices and wants to swap for a standard XT stock. :blink:

i went the adj stock way for one reason only, to have been there and done it, its not my way of looking at it, have the stock fitted and your job is done, having the ability to change it on the fly gives you the excuse you need to fault the gun and not yourself.

the one i have is maxed adj'd to down all the way and set centre, i like stocks with a very slight cast for right, and im a lefty :good::good: the xs stocks i have, are worked in the grip and swell only, they fit like a gloove for me, always was a quirky likkle *** :blink:

Martin

Martin - all mine are adjusted the once and do not change. The only exception was when I had a Browning XS - the comb crept down gradually and had to be adjusted every few weeks. It was the single allen key type and I have heard that they sometimes do this. All mine are now the Miroku - two allen key type.