Anyone In (South) Wales ??

Lloyd90

Anyone in south wales do much rifle shooting here ?

Was looking into upping from Air Guns to Rimfire Rifles and was wondering if anyone can offer some tips or help.

The Nearest Gun Shop to me is Keens Guns and sell the Ruger 10/22 and 77/22. Theres are supposedly the most popular 22 LR Rifles in America and I was considering them.

Since I only have used air rifles before I DO NOT have a FAC or a Gun / Ammo safe.

Would really appreciate any tips you guys could give me.

My cousin is starting his new job as a greenskeeper tomorrow aswell and was wondering if anyone knows if you could get a FAC with a golf course being used as your suitable land ?

Appreciate any help , many thanks.

Im living just next to Kenfig Nature Reserve (Would be nice to get land permission there but that aint guna happen)

My cousin is starting as a greenskeeper at the Grove Golf Club just down the road tomorrow.

Any other tips regarding firearms safes and FAC. I was under the impression that I needed signed permission for land and a safe for the gun before I could send for a FAC, but other posts are confusing me a little bit.

Appreciate the help.

My cousin is starting as a greenskeeper at the Grove Golf Club just down the road tomorrow

There's your permission sorted :blush:

As for having a safe fitted before you apply for an fac you don't have to but the feo would think you done him a favour if you have

Hi

Allow at least 3 months for your FAC to come through, S Wales Police aren't speedy!!

You can use an Argos safe (approx£30) for bolts and ammo, The local FEO doesn't mind them.

Its easier if the land you want to shoot over is already approved for the calibre you want.

Good luck

Simon

• 1 month later...

good bit of advice for you, keens guns is ****! you pay over the odds and the service is pants, almost as if they don't want you in their shop.. I know its a bit ferther for you, but neath gun shop is better, real good old gun shop.. is the carpark for the nature res still a doggin site?

good bit of advice for you, keens guns is ****! you pay over the odds and the service is pants, almost as if they don't want you in their shop.. I know its a bit ferther for you, but neath gun shop is better, real good old gun shop.. is the carpark for the nature res still a doggin site?

haha, I do believe it is. Shame really but thats just the way it is. :) Maybe if I got my FAC I could go down there n do some "vermin Control"

(for the extremists out there, this is a JOKE dont take me seriously, guns arent toys) :good:

• 1 month later...

Hey Thug :good:

Me and a few friends have got liscences to shoot on some land down by margam park.

One of the guys is having a hard time at work, we are maybe looking at a free spot. :)

Hit me back with a reply so we can chat some to see if you would be ok and interested. :lol:

Thanks

BigShooter :)

• 2 weeks later...