£25k benefit cheat will pay £1

pigeonshooter76

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For your reading pleasure mate.

"Ex-Gurkhas take MoD to court asking for the same rights and pensions as the British soldiers who served alongside us"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/2775737.stm

been done a few times on here as this one, if you do a search you will find us all behind the gurkas.

I believe that penalties for crimes in Britain are not harsh enough to deter people from the crime.

and we all agree on this one.

this is one of the reasons that I would love to take that asian scumbag out fishing on my boat?

look at the difference in treatment and dare I say it perhaps if this lad had been an ethnic? this bloody travesty would not have happened I am totally disgusted at this!

cheers KW

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...d=1770&ct=5

OK lads, let it rest there! I am well known on this forum for exploding whenever this kind of thing is exposed! But fighting amongst ourselves is not going to to stop what is happening to our country. I was tempted to have a go at one of the people on here as I found his remarks insulting to our forefathers who have died to to make BRITAIN! .... GREAT BRITAIN!!....however he made his point, and if you agreed, or disbelieved, it makes no differance in the end. This country is now being ruled by non/Brits.... By people who dont even live here!!. our only way out is to vote for UKIP, who have sworn to pull out of this EU trap we are now in.Regards, BMAN1.

OK lads, let it rest there! I am well known on this forum for exploding whenever this kind of thing is exposed! But fighting amongst ourselves is not going to to stop what is happening to our country. I was tempted to have a go at one of the people on here as I found his remarks insulting to our forefathers who have died to to make BRITAIN! .... GREAT BRITAIN!!....however he made his point, and if you agreed, or disbelieved, it makes no differance in the end. This country is now being ruled by non/Brits.... By people who dont even live here!!. our only way out is to vote for UKIP, who have sworn to pull out of this EU trap we are now in.Regards, BMAN1.

:o :lol::lol::good::good:

im a Brit, and proud of it :good:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/7295255.stm

Last Updated: Thursday, 13 March 2008, 18:44 GMT

Man jailed for £30,000 giro fraud

A former postman who carried out a £30,000 benefit fraud with stolen giro cheques has been jailed for five years at Stafford Crown Court.

Antonio Quissema, 47, of Carnarvon Road, East London, arranged the cashing of giros at post offices in Staffs and across the UK.

Other places where the cheques were cashed included Wrexham, London, Brighton, Manchester and Warrington.

He admitted five counts of conspiracy to defraud at a hearing in December 2007.

The "sophisticated" fraud was carried out between 2002 and 2005 and is believed to be linked to a wider £3.6 million scam involving more than 11,000 giro cheques.

'Foot soldiers'

The father-of-four's fingerprints were found on 82 cheques, which had been stolen, altered and then cashed at post offices across the UK.

The court heard that "foot soldiers" had taken the forged cheques to post offices across England and Wales.

Sentencing, Judge Paul Glenn described the fraud as "well-organised, sophisticated and professionally executed".

He said: "I am entirely satisfied that you were at the heart of these conspiracies.

"The eventual victim of these offences is, of course, the taxpayer, but the initial victims were benefit claimants who never received the cheques they were entitled to."

'Inside knowledge'

The court was told the fraud emerged in 2005 when the Department for Work and Pensions became aware that a number of "manipulated" stolen giro cheques were being presented at post offices in Staffordshire.

Six investigations were carried out and Quissema was arrested in April 2007.

When police raided his former home in Chingford, London, they discovered a map of Staffordshire, with post offices marked out.

The court heard that Quissema, originally from Congo, worked as a postman between 1999 and 2001 before the offences were committed.

He therefore had "some inside knowledge" of the Post Office, the court heard.

He had also set up a charity to help Congolese children and had just been offered a job at the Congolese embassy in the Republic of Burundi.

This country is now being ruled by non/Brits.... By people who dont even live here!!. our only way out is to vote for UKIP, who have sworn to pull out of this EU trap we are now in.Regards, BMAN1

Agree.

Also the cps takes farr too long to process cases. If this case had beeen processed quicker we might have been able to reclaim some of the money this theving imigrant stole.