Kune kune piglets for sale

tinbum71

Gertrude and Beatrice are two gorgeous pedigree kune kune piglets. They are six months old, very friendly and great with kids and are only for sale as we have decided to take a different direction and grow pigs for meat. It is a real shame to have to sell them and they will be greatly missed . We would like £250 for the pair, but a good home is the most important thing.

post-9121-1205518787.jpg

They're a small New Zealand forest pig. Very rare and being bred to bolster gene pool in case the native ones get wiped out by some porcine super bug! They can be eaten, apparently very tasty, but more normally sold as pets as they're much smaller and friendlier than pot bellies and are grazers, so don't ruin the lawn!

These are from the "Trish" bloodline and are quite sought after for breeding, but as mentioned before, we have decided to use our space for food production rather than breeding "pets"

i am getting two weaners for fattening in a months time the guy that has the litter may have others for sale if you are interested, i have had piglets from him before they are a good strain , here is near you.

We buy ours from friends near St Agnes, they're Tamworth/Glos old spot cross and taste great and are hardy with it. BTW, I went to see John Williams as you suggested, and he's sorting me out for much less than HGS.

Thanks for that one! :/

They are gorgeous!

DO NOT LET MY GIRLFRIEND SEE THEM!!!!

DONT LET MY FRYING PAN SEE THEM!!!! :/:no::P

would love to have them if i could, great pets.

Wotcha mate! Non-troll if ever I saw one! Cheers for the sentiment (I think) Would love to eat 'em myself, but too much money involved. :hmm:

Hi Tinbum and other knowledgeble pig enthusiasts,

I hope you don't mind me posting on your for sale thread, but I was just wondering if you could recommend some breeds of hardy upland pig. Theres a bit of ground (25 acres), which I shoot on and have the use of. About a third of the ground is bracken, rough grasses and scrub.

I've already got some sheep on the pasture part, but am considering some pigs as well to root up the bracken as spraying it off would be a very nasty job and I'm not to keen on spending a whole summer carrying a backpack sprayer ! Also there has been quite a bit of tree regeneration there as it hasn't been grazed properly for the last three or four years and I don't want the sheep to munch them.

Would be really grateful for just a few practical breed suggestions really so I can do some further research from there. Cheers Morgan

To answer two questions in one: For clearing land, any large pig will do the job. Consider Tamworth and their crosses as their long snouts dig well.

The kunes are still for sale. The only things they need are a dry, draught free bed and a small piece of land to call their own. 15' x 50' is more than enough, but they will enjoy every inch you can give them. Being sociable animals, it is also very important that they get some human company. We spend time out with them whenever we can, but it's more a fun thing than a chore. They don't get very big, maybe about 100lb, about the same dimensions as a short legged lab!! They eat next to ****** all. A sack of food (£6ish) lasts about 2-3 weeks plus grass and any greens scraps you have. FYI they will sit for biscuits and roll over for a tickle on the belly!

Hope this helps.

Nick

Edited by tinbum71

I have kept this breed before, great little pigs and dont get as big as most breeds. I butchered one once for the meat but they are very very fatty and are best kept for pets

£250 is also a good price and they look good and healthy piglets! I dont have any spare room for any more at the moment otherwise I would have brought them in a second.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...