Interview this thursday any tips!!

s6boy

Hi guys have got my shootgun licence interview on thursday would love to know if there is anything i should know, i live in essex as u may have gussed, my interveiw is with paul quniton anything i should know what he likes to drink lol.

Also how long is it after the interview that the licence come through.

Thanx guys cant wait to get a few more pigeons for the table.

Matt

Hi guys have got my shootgun licence interview on thursday would love to know if there is anything i should know, i live in essex as u may have gussed, my interveiw is with paul quniton anything i should know what he likes to drink lol.

Also how long is it after the interview that the licence come through.

Thanx guys cant wait to get a few more pigeons for the table.

Matt

well i would ask him that all he wants to know is that your not a compleat nutter and you are safe to have a gun dont worry you will be ok :yes:

There wont be any trick questions.....All they are looking for is that you come across well balanced, ie not a nutter!

Things like why you want a shot gun (obviously you dont say money's tight and you thought a shot gun

would help in a career change :hmm: )

Where you intend to use it and what type of shooting you are looking to do?..... if you're not already a member of a clay shooting club

it would help your cause to join one, if only to show them you are serious about shooting

the rest will just be general chit chat to get an idea how stable you are

All the best mate ( if you got this far it's in the bag, no probs ) :yes:

Thanx guys feel better about it now, prob wont tell him i want one for a bank job.

I have about 300 acers and the local clay shoot is at the end of my garden(no really good thing i like shooting)So should be ok on that front.

Will let u all know how i get on.

Then is the easy bit choseing a gun :good:

Matt

The FEO who did my visit really took note that I had had clayshooting lessons and was familiar with the tutors.Also that I had been swotting up on safety and legal issues from the BASC SG handbook. Good luck,you,ll be fine. :lol:

yea was looking for somthing for all round use and something to go lamping with as i do a lot of that with my air riffles.

It is essex police, a week or two sounds great just in time for the clay meet at the end of me garden.

hi guys all went really well he was a nice guy with loads of helpful tips and advice, even asked about the deer in the land behind my house as he has just been given the ok to shoot them.

Have been to my local gun shop to sort guns. My gun dealer is coming for some clay practice when i get them, how cool is that.

So all round a good day.

Thanx for all the help.

Matt

Thanx for the help but i would also like to know how long after will the licence come through.

Am hopeing to get a semi-auto and a mossberg .410.

Any other guns i should think about Thanx

Matt

I live in Essex and my licence took about 4-5 weeks after the visit, but then I had the visit 2 weeks after putting my application in

Andrew :hmm:

• 2 weeks later...