bisley superfield

russ91

has any one found that they are not getting kills with these pellets this morning i had 3 rabbits that were perfect head shots and the jumped into the air and then ran off like they had never been hit. my zero was perfect. one of the rabbits was about 5 yds hit it straight in the head i even got the red vapour but then it just ran off like it had not been shot :no::yes::lol: this is the first time i have used these pellets and i don't think i will be using them for bunny bashing again.

It's unlikely to be the pellets, I used to use these and had no problems. I assume that you have checked your scope for Zero? I think that you get days like this, even with a rf, when they will run into a hedge and drop dead. No reason why.

Slightly off subject, but I have heard, and I am sure many others have, 22rf's richochet off of a rabbits head!

I use bisley superfields and bisley magnums in my Daystate.

The single shot tray doesnt like superfields, neither does the magazine (you have to occasionally index it yourself) but they dont have smash rabbits skulls to bits! I was out on thursday night and took 9 bunnies using superfields - one large buck was a good 35-40 yards away and they energy transfer of the pellet knocked his eye of the socket :no:

i have tried a few of the Bisley range, and they seem to fit better than most in mine. i didnt realise there was such a variation in the extenet of seal around the skirt. tried some of the cheaper brands with the double skirt, and they dont even sit flush with the seal :no:

As I was going to give them a go in my Daystate MK3 .177

Cheers

Steve

I use them in my Air Ranger .177 mate and they group very well indeed. Only trouble is the magazine and single shot tray dont like them. Occasionally you have to take the mag out after you've pulled the bolt back and index the mag yourself.

Hi

Did you hear a 'crack' like the pellet had entered its noggin??

If so, sounds like you've pierced the bunny's ears. That explain why they jumped so high in the air.

There are others factors you could take it account. Weather-was it colder/hotter than when you practiced? I've heard pcp vary with power output?

the pellet dint make a crack but it did make a slap the rabbit was face on well one of them was and it jumped then when it landed it was laid for about 1 second then made off but them it laid i could see that there was a spot of blood between its eyes