A mate of mine...

dcliff

...told me on Saturday that he only likes to go pigeon shooting if he can bag at least 50 birds. I nodded politely and thought: That's ridiculous on two accounts. 1. How do you know you will get at least 50 until you've been. 2. He goes beach casting for hours on end and may not get a bite!

I think that you will find that he is one of those shooters that watches a field untill there are enough pigeons using it to guarantee a good days shooting and a big bag. The only problem with this being, others are also watching and tend to get there first!

Edit; Or of course as you say, he may just be a total ****!

Edited by bob300w

Oh C,mon!!! Tell him he is a *****.!! Dont mess about with him he is a ******..... We have all spent hours waiting for a shot at anything, running or flying!!!Many times soaked/ freezing /wet through/ :lol:? and there is allways some mate?.... who tells you how he shot X amount of pigeons/ rabbits /etc!! but he allways did it on his own.... ****. :rolleyes:

Oh C,mon!!! Tell him he is a *****.!! Dont mess about with him he is a ******..... We have all spent hours waiting for a shot at anything, running or flying!!!Many times soaked/ freezing /wet through/ :lol:? and there is allways some mate?.... who tells you how he shot X amount of pigeons/ rabbits /etc!! but he allways did it on his own.... ****. :lol:

Don't beat about the bush, B'man, say what you mean!

:D;):lol:

There's an @rsehole up our way once tried to tell me & my mate he once shot a Pheasant, watched it fall out the sky, went & picked it up, & underneath was a Hare, not only that, when he lifted the Hare up, there was 1/2 lb of Mushrooms underneath..........SLAP.

He's another one......if you've got a Hawker Sidley Jump Jet......He's got the Aircraft Carrier it come off............Another WANABE.

BJ.

• 4 weeks later...

:lol: :( Words are always cheap. I could say i shot fifty birds in half an hour and used 49 shells. there you go :rolleyes: But what really matters is what you do and how you do it, do not be concerned as to what anyone else has archived, praise them but always remember you are praising the story, the words. If you witness their great day, then you will have a tale to tell your grand children, right after the story of your best days shooting

I have found myself walking around all day for 1 bird, I asked myself why would i do that? the reason for me its about being out there. :oops:

I like to go shooting and see how things pan out rather than put pressure on myself :huh: Hey to each their own, best of luck matey

• 1 month later...

Ha! Just returned to this post...

Exaggerating is one thing - I can brush that off by switching off for a bit. What grinds me the most is always talking about themselves. Never wanting to hear about your days - just bombarding you with theirs.

Ahh... It's good to know we're not alone - all us socially well adjusted, kind hearted, modest and generous, well rounded and down to earth all round good fellas!!