Snap Caps? what are they?

Aled_cky

:yp: ok :rolleyes: dad didnt know what Snap Caps where, hes had his gun for almost 30years and it still sounds nice opening, had mine for a few months and it is a beutifull sound, and when the pins are fired it is such a crisp sound on mine :rolleyes:.

i cannot understand what you were saying TBRF, but think i know roughly what you said.

Aled

When I used to work in a gunshop the gunsmith and all the guys there used to insist that snap caps were the biggest waste of time ever.

Apparently all you are doing by using them is transferring energy from the trigger springs to the ejector springs. Trigger springs are cheaper to replace than ejector springs, designed to be under tension for a longer time and are beefier than the ejector springs.

as apbuild said the caps are to release your triggers when the gun is not in use for a period of time,same as a springer airgun,some people say its a waste of time,mainly target shooters as their guns are used almost daily ,other feild shooters may lay up the gun for a week or two and this,im told, may help,

as big red said your lucky not to have broken a pin or two ,the neck of the pin has a square shoulder creating a weak point when fired dry it hits hard causing a lot of stress to this area hence snap caps.

martin