Hunting bill

Yorkshire Pudding

After reading a few posts on here , it seems that there is some confusion over what "the bill" is ...

So i will try my best to clarify the bill in plain English .

The bill is to ban all hunting with dogs .

So :-

Pack Hounds

Terrier work

Lurcher work

Coursing

Will all be banned .

Now the bill is very complexed , and if i am reading it correctly , use of dogs to stalk quarry is acceptable .

But here's the bit i'm unsure about , so please do not take this as gospel . If i'm reading the bill correctly , the use of dogs to flush game is not acceptable . So using your springer to flush game will put you on the wrong side of the law .

all the best yis yp :)

YP,

It is my understanding that exemptions from the Bill will still allow dogs to be used for shooting.

However there are worrying clauses about only being able to use two dogs, dogs being under "close control" and the eventual shooting only being done by a "competent person". Whichever way you look at it this is the thin end of the wedge for all shooting.

If the Bill is successful, not only will we have to worry about antis with more time on their hands but the Government introducing back door amendments which will be devastating fo shooting.

The latest version of the bill can be found HERE

Q :)

Good work Q ! (i've been dieing to use that line ! )

Laugh i nearly wet myself . My favourite quote from the article is as follows :-

An aide said: "This is the sort of imaginative policing solution that we will need to be able to police this ban, without incurring massive extra costs."

Looking forward to the camera's . I for one will be showing them my bottom . I plan to have the most photographed botty on police files !

But on a more serious note . These camera's in the hedge rows will be an infringement on our privacy rights , i would have thought .

all the best yis the spotty botty yp :)

Sorry to spoil your fun YP, but it isn't going to happen - along with the practical side, hidden CCTV cameras are unlawful under Personal Privacy law.

In order to fit and operate CCTV cameras, the following must be displayed at every entrance to the property, or at the point where the cameras are operating:

Sign stating that CCTV is in operation

Name and contact number of the operator

Warning that CCTV footage may be used as evidence.

In addition to the above, it would be inpossible to maintain them as all country people (not just hunters) would be looking for them and once found they would destroy them, with nobody about see them do so.

Therefore, I would take what you have read as a wind-up or just someone's silly speculation. Sounds too much like Nineteen Eighty Four!

What the hell is this country coming to?

The rest of the world must be laughing their ***** off at our expense.

The telegraph article did have some truth in it though, if the local bobbies have to make arrests, it will certainly divide their communities with possibly disastrous results (memories of the miners strikes coming back here) :yp:

Bad times ahead for all of us...

Firstly,I would like to sympathize with those of you who are under the tyranny of Tony Blair's rule.Thankfully such bills are way down on the Irish Governments agenda,probably more due to inefficiencies on more critical matters though.

I'd like to think that when our time does come that the state's office will recognise that rural matters are best left to people who know the countryside -country people and not the bureaucrats sitting in parliament offices.

Do the house of commons know any real rurals affairs ??

I have a deep rooted love for fieldsports, particularly those involving dogs and for conservation of the countryside.The thought of open fields get me through a mundane urban work week.

I cannot believe that in a day of high rates of crime,violence,drugs and suicides that your right as a dignified human is been taken because they don't understand the need.

YOU ARE THE BEST CONSERVATIONISTS THE COUNTRYSIDE HAS GOT.DO NOT LIE DOWN

Our thoughts and support are with you .

Tom.

Pheasant shooting, grouse, partridge I.E. game birds or to generalize BIRDS are acceptable or 'exempt' from the hunting bill, to hunt/flush with more than 2 dogs as they are not MAMMALS they are BIRDS.

The bill dosn't make it easy to decide what to do if a fox bolts and your out with more than two dogs. :yp: :*) :lol: