hw100 any good?

kdubya

The engineering is first class. The sidelever is however a bit pointless on a multi IMHO. A great system on a single shot such as a Steyr but I see no reason for anything other than a std bolt on a multi. I found the lever didn't fall straight to hand and is slow compared to a bolt. Ugly as sin too. Taking the cylinder out for each fill could also lead to sealing problems and scratches, though that's just an observation and not hard fact.

As with all air rifles made by Weirauch, it's an engineering masterpiece. A superb weapon, but, again, on the heavy side. I remember feeling the same way about the HW77 when I first picked one up.

Also, I am a bit worried about the charging method... I don't like the way you have to take out the cylinder to charge it. If you have to do that in the back of something a bit dirty or manky, you might get rubbish on the seals.

Lovely rifle though

Wookie

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

There is no issues with the seal when removing/refiling. I had a HW100T a month after they were introduced and only sold it 2 months ago to finance a hummer. I never had a single issue with mine from brand new, no leaks, no breakages, nothing.... IMO the multishot system is the best system in any rifle, the 14 shot rotary magazine is the best available, simplicity in itself, the sidelever cocking action is smooth and solid. The automatic safety feature that won't allow a double loaded pellet, if you forget whether you have reloaded, even if you recock and you haven't fired, it won't load another pellet as the magazine will not rotate until the gun has been fired. I have regretted selling that gun ever since the day I decided to sell it. Although I will agree that they are a tad on the heavy side, but thats Weihrauch's for you....solid quality engineering B) :oops::oops::yes:

There is no issues with the seal when removing/refiling. I had a HW100T a month after they were introduced and only sold it 2 months ago to finance a hummer. I never had a single issue with mine from brand new, no leaks, no breakages, nothing.... IMO the multishot system is the best system in any rifle, the 14 shot rotary magazine is the best available, simplicity in itself, the sidelever cocking action is smooth and solid. The automatic safety feature that won't allow a double loaded pellet, if you forget whether you have reloaded, even if you recock and you haven't fired, it won't load another pellet as the magazine will not rotate until the gun has been fired. I have regretted selling that gun ever since the day I decided to sell it. Although I will agree that they are a tad on the heavy side, but thats Weihrauch's for you....solid quality engineering B) :oops::oops::yes:

I agree with all of the above very good gun but it is very heavy

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...