the price of fuel ( petrol and deisel)

radio1ham

well now they are getting greedy, the oil companys making 3 million quid a day profit of all of us motorists

they reckon deisel is going to reach 1pound 50pence a litre by the autumn

we are definattly getting ripped off now by the goverment and the oil companys it stinks to high heavens :good:

well looks like we will all be using horses and carts before long the way things are going i think this is going to cause HELL as the toe rags will be out and about stealing deisel and petrol out of our cars vans etc

and more folk will tend to lean over and start to use red diesel as they wont be able to aford normal deisel

anyone selling any cheep deisel lol :good:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had my way, I would be seriously reducing the amount of fuel supplied to the public, and saving vast amounts for the millitary and emergancy services. Fuel is running out faster then most of you imagine :good: We need to start cutting down.

Im doing my bit by walking to work, cycling, or using public transport for college. The less driving the less it costs, and the less crud gets pyt into our air that we breathe/eat food from.

If you are that concearned, stop moaning, and do something about it. Help scientists develope new energies, more efficient transport etc :good: and no, im not taking the p!ss. Its time to start changing.. the planet changes, we must change with it. :good:

As a new driver I hate the rising fuel costs as I enjoy a drive, but Id rather do something about it then let it overcome me, theres so many options for alternative fuels and energies, I just wish the whole world would adopt them :good: But what can we do eh.. Im sitting here watching the world destroy itself, because everyone convinces themselves that it will all go away if we just moan about it.

Well wake up guys it wont. :good:

Its US that decide how the world is going to be for our children and grandchildren. Its US who can make a change, but its US who have to start doing something..

For most of us this is like a warm bed. We know we have to get up, but its just too comfortable to get out just now.. so we stay a bit longer untill its too late and we miss the chance. :oops:

Its amazing how many people dont realise that the increasing cost of fuel is not only due to profits, its due to increasing demand, and a reduction in the supply. Crude oil wont last forever. :stupid: and il be damned if I leave my (possible future) kids in a world with nothing but horse and cart to get around. ???:good:

When I was in the Romanian mountains recently, this was a regular sight. People cant afford trucks and fuel like we can. But they have found a way to work, and be happy doing whatever they do, wherever they are.

Its a tough country, people dont have much money but somehow they get things done whith what they have. It is possible to live without traveling 50+miles to work everday. Oneday, I assure you, things will be different.. even here. how hard the change is depends on hwo we manage our recources and economy.

Anyway enough babbling on about it heres a pic at 2800feet elevation in the Carpathian mountains. You see this sight int the streets too, not just remote areas.

DSCN2561.jpg

Edited by Hunter

As a new driver I hate the rising fuel costs as I enjoy a drive, but Id rather do something about it then let it overcome me, theres so many options for alternative fuels and energies, I just wish the whole world would adopt them :good: But what can we do eh.. Im sitting here watching the world destroy itself, because everyone convinces themselves that it will all go away if we just moan about it.

Well wake up guys it wont. :good:

Its US that decide how the world is going to be for our children and grandchildren. Its US who can make a change, but its US who have to start doing something..

For most of us this is like a warm bed. We know we have to get up, but its just too comfortable to get out just now.. so we stay a bit longer untill its too late and we miss the chance. :stupid:

Its amazing how many people dont realise that the increasing cost of fuel is not only due to profits, its due to increasing demand, and a reduction in the supply. Crude oil wont last forever. ??? and il be damned if I leave my (possible future) kids in a world with nothing but horse and cart to get around. :P:oops:

When I was in the Romanian mountains recently, this was a regular sight. People cant afford trucks and fuel like we can. But they have found a way to work, and be happy doing whatever they do, wherever they are.

Its a tough country, people dont have much money but somehow they get things done whith what they have. It is possible to live without traveling 50+miles to work everday. Oneday, I assure you, things will be different.. even here. how hard the change is depends on hwo we manage our recources and economy.

Anyway enough babbling on about it heres a pic at 2800feet elevation in the Carpathian mountains. You see this sight int the streets too, not just remote areas.

DSCN2561.jpg

It's perfectly true what you have said about Romania, but I'll bet that you did not think it such a good idea when driving at night and coming across these cartloads of wood on major roads, with no tail lights! I lost count of the close calls that I had with these at night! :good:

Edited by bob300w

Hey Bob your damn right, but then again, Helath and Safety is unknown there. I love it, its so stress free to live there, you dont have to worry about getting sued for doing some garden work on your own land etc :good:

Everyone just gets on with their own lives. If theres an accident, you just hope everyones ok and do your best to help, tidy up, and thats it, everyone goes there own way without all the bull that we have here at times :good:

Last time I was there Bob I was overtaking those all the time, towns, main roads, everywhere. Even the "main" road from Brasov to Constanca.

Haha last winter I went on the main roads from Brasov to SF George, in a little mini bus doing about 70mph on icey roads, in the snow, dodging potholes with no seatbelts. I have lost all fear since then :D Pure madnesss.

R1H sorry for derailing your topic, back on topic peeps :blush:

:D Just out of interest how much do you guys pay in your area

can still get unleaded for £1.07 local and £1.18 per litre for diesel in

the north east :hmm:

Company I work for has a fuel card in each car, I have no idea what the cost is, just swipe and go :lol: :lol: and I can use the cars for personal use, but as said above.. I am seriously cutting down on how I use cars. :blush: we all should.

:blush: Just out of interest how much do you guys pay in your area

the north east :D

Here in my neck of the woods diesel is £1.23 and petrol £1.12. It now cost's me £120.00 to fill my truck from 1/4 tank. All of my equipment runs on petrol so it's a double wammy for me.

:blush: Just out of interest how much do you guys pay in your area

the north east :D

Here in my neck of the woods diesel is £1.23 and petrol £1.12. It now cost's me £120.00 to fill my truck from 1/4 tank. All of my equipment runs on petrol so it's a double wammy for me.

:hmm: So how can people say that the strike will affect the north first when it seems you guys down south are allready paying more to start with, our local garage keeps warning us that unleaded could be as high as £1.12 by next week which is what your paying now. strange goings on ,seems like the fuel companies are allready being a bit naughty. :lol:

If we all stop buying fuel where is the government gonna get the money from the tax they put on it? This country will be crippled if we stop buying fuel. We need to start to diversify buying things that are grown locally is a start, car sharing, energy saving light bulbs etc. But remember government will tax the things that are on demand so.

Another question if we join the Euro would we get cheaper fuel?

DF

Got told in science today that there is less than 40 years of crude oil and gas supplies left at current usage. And we are using more and more all the time.

FM :blush:

My teachers said that there's only 40 years of oil and gas 10 years ago so is it only 30 years supply or are they guessing?

I dont think you can estimate how much fuel is left in the world, its scientist guessing again so they get put in the paper.