FLO has just been,

Zapp

Well, my friendly neighbourhood FLO has just been round to check out my new cabinet and have a chat about my FAC app.

I had asked for .22lr for bunnies and HMR for long range bunnies, crows and close in fox. He has said that there should be no probs with everything but the fox bit, and has asked if I am ok to wait 12 months for that. I can live with this as it is my first FAC and I expected there to be some give and take. I have also asked for my SGC to be made coterminous.

Happy chappy now,let the waiting game begin.... :mad::good::good:

ZB

Well done :hmm: So what,s on your shopping list :mad:

I have been doing some pretty serious lurking and searching on here for a while and have come to the following conclusions:

For the .22 I am looking at a CZ 452, possibly the american version.

For the .17, I am looking again at the CZ range, but also quite like the Savage .17 with the thumbhole stock :good:

Am very much open to suggestions/opinions if anyone would care to share their experiences etc! :good:

ZB

I'm giving the CZ American a big thumbs-up (although it lags slightly behind my Anschutz in terms of accuracy and refinement). The CZ will be a great buy. I also don't quite understand why your FEO would approve rabbits, but give a mandatory delay for fox.

Hope it all goes smoothly for you :look:

Seems a bit strange that they won't let you shoot foxes straight away.

Are you permitted to shoot them with your shotgun?

I know a chap who's selling a CZ american varmint, 17hmr with mod, brooks trigger kit and scope by the way :look:

All the best

Moses

I was a little surprised by the fox thing, but am willing to take it on the chin because:

1. My application for fox is more as a contingency than out of desperate need.

2. I didnt want to rock the boat too much since no mention was made for the requirement for a mentor, and the FLO insinuated that I the whole thing could be sorted in a week or two.

Thanks for the gun comments by the way. I am getting a strong CZ vibe, which is fine because that is the way I was leaning anyway!

Edited to say that another reason I didnt make a fuss is that the FLO in question is an excellent bloke, and is always very helpful. I am willing to take the pain and show goodwill in the hope that if (when) I look to apply later for bigger things, he will remember that I was nice and easy to deal with!

ZB

Edited by Zapp Brannigan