OLYMPIC SHOOTING

See this info on the bASC website '

The location of shooting events at the 2012 Olympic Games may prove to be a lost opportunity to leave a lasting legacy for the sport according to the British Association for Shooting and Conservation (BASC).

Shooting events for the London Games are to be held at the Royal Artillery Barracks site at Woolwich where roads will be closed to secure a ‘sufficient safety zone’. The choice of venue has been opposed by every shooting organisation in the UK. '

Surely only a total richard head would sanction shooting events in the centre of a capital city (especially one plagued by gun crime). From a safety point of view it's surely bad enough but wait for the fallout from the neighbours when all the noise starts! :look:

bisley would be ideal because it wouldn't take as much money to get it up to olympic standard, as its nearly there and its still close enought to london for the games. im told their going to buid, then knock down the ground in woolwich barracks after the olympics! surely this will cost an absolute fortune for nothing.

No doubt down to the Tory tosspot Lord uppercrust Coe

Lets hope BA are not providing any Flights form tredmill 5 :look:

Yes, I heard a radio interview with Coe, who said "Woolwich was the agreed venue after full consultation with all of the governing bodies representing shooting in the UK", that's simply not true, the CPSA have never supported the Woolwich venue, their preference being either Bisley or Dartford.

I don't believe that the games will do anything for Great Britain, as every country that has ever hosted them now wish they hadn't due to massive cost overruns and bad publicity generally, 2012 will certainly go the same way, even with a clown as Lord Mayor..!! :look:

Here is a link to sign a petition to move the shooting away from Woolwich:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/OlympicShooting/

Cat.

Yes, I heard a radio interview with Coe, who said "Woolwich was the agreed venue after full consultation with all of the governing bodies representing shooting in the UK", that's simply not true, the CPSA have never supported the Woolwich venue, their preference being either Bisley or Dartford.

I don't believe that the games will do anything for Great Britain, as every country that has ever hosted them now wish they hadn't due to massive cost overruns and bad publicity generally, 2012 will certainly go the same way, even with a clown as Lord Mayor..!! :look:

Cat.

Oh come on now that really would be a complete waste of time...in spite of GB insisting after Labours recent thrashing that 'we will listen' they obviously are not (just look at the latest cu over class B or C drugs, a huge amount no doubt spent on asking the experts then totally ignoring their findings) and of all those useless on-line petitions tell me of one that's actually made a bit of difference. One of Mr Bliars sops to the masses that gave us hope (initially) that ordinary people might be able to change things. Ha Ha Ha!

I don't believe that the games will do anything for Great Britain, as every country that has ever hosted them now wish they hadn't due to massive cost overruns and bad publicity generally, 2012 will certainly go the same way, even with a clown as Lord Mayor..!! :good:

Cat.

Oh come on now that really would be a complete waste of time...in spite of GB insisting after Labours recent thrashing that 'we will listen' they obviously are not (just look at the latest cu over class B or C drugs, a huge amount no doubt spent on asking the experts then totally ignoring their findings) and of all those useless on-line petitions tell me of one that's actually made a bit of difference. One of Mr Bliars sops to the masses that gave us hope (initially) that ordinary people might be able to change things. Ha Ha Ha!

We have country of the Haves and the have nots, in th UK if you have money and a position you will always be ok of you have nothing some do gooder will want to give you it, problem is the both of them are taking it from the middle which is most of us :look:

Lets hope BA are not providing any Flights form tredmill 5 :good:

I don't believe that the games will do anything for Great Britain, as every country that has ever hosted them now wish they hadn't due to massive cost overruns and bad publicity generally, 2012 will certainly go the same way, even with a clown as Lord Mayor..!! :yes:

Cat.

cant see it will do any good at all.they have made there minds up. over our tax money.