Vandal Hare Taken Out

SAVAGE HMR

Went down to my friends uncles house the other day,

a hare had destroyed his flower beds and some hedges

so I was called in to see if I could take him out.

Within seconds I was out of the car and walking through

the garden to get to the field to find the little ****** when

all of a sudden I see something moving in the roses on my

right hand side, I raise the 12 bore up to my shoulder then

up out of the roses pops this little head.

Bang and he gets both barrels. At a range of about ten feet

from the end of the barrel to the hare's head it's effect was felt!

Hare2.jpg

Hare1.jpg

So two minutes of hare stalking then off for a cup of tea, good days hunting!

Edited by SAVAGE HMR

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Evil Elvis @ Jun 2 2008, 03:56 PM)

Oh dear, you can expect some flak for this

Why?

I don't see how anybody could get any pleasure from shooting a hare.

Easy - Just add onions, carrots, mushrooms, couple of pints of stock and a drop of port!!

Oh dear, you can expect some flak for this :lol:

Why?

I don't see how anybody could get any pleasure from shooting a hare. :lol:

I don't think it's any one's prerogative to decide who shoots what (within the law etc etc), and comments like that on a shooting website are always going to attract the 'anti' tag.

Hare shooting can be a fantastic day out, I've only been once on a formal affair, and it's up there with driven pheasant.

When all is said and done, I'm sure the fella who was having his garden decimated by the hare is happy. The original poster wasn't there in a sporting capacity, he was there to stop the hare ruining the garden. Job done.

Oh dear, you can expect some flak for this :lol:

Why?

I don't see how anybody could get any pleasure from shooting a hare. :lol:

I don't think it's any one's prerogative to decide who shoots what (within the law etc etc), and comments like that on a shooting website are always going to attract the 'anti' tag.

Hare shooting can be a fantastic day out, I've only been once on a formal affair, and it's up there with driven pheasant.

When all is said and done, I'm sure the fella who was having his garden decimated by the hare is happy. The original poster wasn't there in a sporting capacity, he was there to stop the hare ruining the garden. Job done.

Let's nip this in the bud before it gets to handbags at dawn, my comment was directed at EE as a joke, and I should have realised that the PW police would pounce on my comment.

I have no problem with shooting hares at any time or place, I shot around 30 last month with various rifles, from 17 to 243.

And no, I am not getting into a debate about hare shooting. They are regarded as vermin on farms in this area, we are over-run with them, end of.

This is a classic case of crop protection.

The use of a 12 bore at such short range....... well Ok

Use of 2 barells .... oddly excessive

Damage to hare at stated distance does not stack up, possibilities that spring to mind are : gun not aimed as well as it could be, gun bent, shooters eyesight a bit off, deliberate shooting off to save as much edible meat at possible, jinking the gun whilst trying to let off both barells... maybe more reasons which I am sure someone will suggest.

Like many things in this world.... it is not just what you do ... it is how you achieve it (like climbing Everest and .... er.... well ask the Mrs)

:D a DEAD HARE THATS CAUSING DAMAGE IS A DEAD HARE, SO WHAT IF IT GOT BOTH BARRELS....IT CAN BE ANY DEADER THAN DEAD CAN IT? :lol:

its not dead. "its just a flesh wound" :P:lol: who cares? if you had ran it over in a tank, it would still be one less for the farmer to worry about. dead is dead. there are no levels of deadness, just dead. :lol::D

:D a DEAD HARE THATS CAUSING DAMAGE IS A DEAD HARE, SO WHAT IF IT GOT BOTH BARRELS....IT CAN BE ANY DEADER THAN DEAD CAN IT? :lol:

its not dead. "its just a flesh wound" :P:lol: who cares? if you had ran it over in a tank, it would still be one less for the farmer to worry about. dead is dead. there are no levels of deadness, just dead. :lol::D

Is tis going to turn into a Mony Python sketch ? It is an Ex Hare ........