Open Licence

ive just applied for an open ticket,all i put was i thought after 2 and half years i think i am capable of accessing my own land,and that ive shot over 200 centre fire and 2000 rimfire rounds aswell as having 6 months experiance with a mentor.just depends on how long youve had ticket,how many rounds you shot,experiance,and what force your with,**** or bust mate ,go for it. :yes:

I sent off for mine yesterday, putting in the letter pretty much the same as codling and got a phone call off the feo this morning saying it was approved! Top marks Derbyshire.

How long have you has your FAC for?

About 3 years, have had .22 for a while but havent really used it much untill this year, probably less than 1000 rounds through it, only had the .223 for a couple of months, but pointed out in the letter that 100 safe shots a year is better than 1000 unsafe ones.

Got the avatar free with some email software

A friend of mine who is an officer from a firearms department sugested that if the letter to the office pointed out that you had been offered payment from farmers for pest control, and you had missed out on opertunitys to earn money because of the time scale/hassle of getting land checks then they are obliged to give you an open ticket. Worked for me!

• 2 weeks later...

I owned a 22lr for 3yrs i think then applied for a 243, but any way, I had, had my 22lr for 3yrs then renewed my FAC and added 243, for fox and deer, my FEO wanted me to do DSC1 and go on a stalk wth a stalker designated as my mentor, but the intresting thing is my FEO said after a renewal of after owning a 22lr or something for 4yrs it cmes back opened.

Steve

A friend of mine who is an officer from a firearms department sugested that if the letter to the office pointed out that you had been offered payment from farmers for pest control, and you had missed out on opertunitys to earn money because of the time scale/hassle of getting land checks then they are obliged to give you an open ticket. Worked for me!

I think thats very interesting if it worked

Well the FAO called today not my usual one, sat down and had a chat, told me that they usually open our licence after three years. Asked about the amount of ammo I have fired and where and said there would be no problems in opening my licence. He even said that S. Wales Firearms Dept. were quiet.

A thumbs up to S. Wales Firearms’ Dept. :good: