whats your favourite tipple

radio1ham

Favourite would have to be Laphroig malt. ;)

Are we related?.. that is exactly my choice, in both areas, i have 3 bottles of the fire water at home, the quarter cask is defo my fav!

Theres a bit of a trend here....

No other single malt is a patch on Laphroaig :(

:blink: :hmm::sick:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Favourite would have to be Laphroig malt. :hmm:

Are we related?.. that is exactly my choice, in both areas, i have 3 bottles of the fire water at home, the quarter cask is defo my fav!

Theres a bit of a trend here....

No other single malt is a patch on Laphroaig :blink:

The only Welsh single malt is the one for me, from Penderyn, only discovered it a month ago. Awesome. :sick:

I have also discovered the joys of proper wine at the Burleigh show from Shawbury vinters. don't even look at the wines in the supermarket now.

and for the the beer? I once had a pint of piddle in colchester........... which was nice. :(

I drink mostly beer of one kind or another. Some favourites include:

For winter, Theakstons Old Pec, 6x, Spitfire, London Pride, Guinness

For summer, Peroni, Baltika, Erdinger Weissbier, Marstons Old Empire

Ones I love but cant get over here - Pauliner Weissbier (German), Rickards Red (Canadian, and soooo very suppable!)

Other than these, I like a glass of port, a glass of heavy red wine, and absolutely adore champagne, shame it is so costly!

The only spirit I will ever drink is dark rum, neat, and only once in a blue moon at that.

I was interested to see Hunter saying he likes Marstons Firestoker, a beer I found so vile I poured it away after two swigs!

ZB

again, i urge the lovers of laphoriagh to try lagavulin. ive tried loads, would class myself as a whiskey drinker and im yet to better lagavulin. its a strong peaty/oak taste that has NO burn just that flood of heat through the chest as it goes down. beautiful.

as for water..... id never take it with wet water, but i do take it with ice.... i know it amounts to the same thing and certainly changes the flavour but still, i like it chilled.

one single drop of water alters the taste, try it yourself. some whiskeys tast oaky or peaty, others have an antiseptic after taste, after a glass, the pallet adjusts to it and a bottle quickly becomes half empty....

im currently half way through a few bottles: i have the glen morangie sherry cask, lagavulin, laphoriagh and bottle of bushmills to finish off. all good stuff. try the balvenie too, that one is good for the novice.... all available at morrisons or asda.

i always start the evening of with a beer though usually, worthingtons creamflow, guiness, boddingtons creamflow, or the old hardcore danger ale....caffreys.... now thats a beer that goes down quick an easy.... been caught out many a time supping caffreys.....

trouble is, im pathetic at hangovers...... an absolute corpse the morning after more than 4 or 5 beers.....thats why i drink whiskey, it doesnt affect me in the same way......

so, that said, lets here all your best hangover cures.

my old favourite used to be a couple of pints af water and a big juicey tomato cut in half an caked in salt. rehydrates and replaces potassium, which i belive is good... works for me anyway.