York

dcliff

Hi guys, I have permission on around 700 acres just outside York... Having moved to the city from my country roots it's been quite a struggle to establish new ground - as you guys all know! Anyway, I've seen a few people looking for 'shooting buddies' on here, and I'm more than willing to chuck this land into the pot if anyone is interested...? The farmers should be cool with it too. Plus, an extra pair of eyes to monitor pigeon activity is always good!

I'd certainly be happy to come and shoot with you, I live near driffield but spend most of my time around Pocklington/York area.

It's only fair I throw some cartridges in to the pot if your providing land, is it shotgun or air rifle or both?

Oliver

Ah I see, thats my only problem to be honest I'm a bit loathed to go round door knocking round here as although I know most of the local farmers and wouldn't think it will be hard to get more land than anyone can comfortably shoot I know I don't have the time to devote to shooting it properly, partly due to work and partly due to most of my shooting is trap shooting, I'm loathed to be one of those shooters with permission who is never there and ****** the farmer off with that fact, frankly as shooters we don't need bad feeling from farmers.

I can happily throw in clay pigeon shooting if interested, otherwise good luck finding a useful partner!

:beer: The point being that as DCliff has already pointed out its about sharing land. I have all the pigeon shooting i need and also have game shooting which i was willing to share if it was on offer in return. Pretty straight forward. Pity you dont live closer or you could have joined me...........not :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys, I have permission on around 700 acres just outside York... Having moved to the city from my country roots it's been quite a struggle to establish new ground - as you guys all know! Anyway, I've seen a few people looking for 'shooting buddies' on here, and I'm more than willing to chuck this land into the pot if anyone is interested...? The farmers should be cool with it too. Plus, an extra pair of eyes to monitor pigeon activity is always good!

i myself have just moved to yorkshire not long ago and am finding it hard to find somewhere safe to shoot

i would be very greatfull if i could have a joint shoot / or just come out with you the next time your shooting , equipment wise i only use a air rifle ( hw80 )

i have over 20 yrs shooting experiance , shooting on farmland so im very respectfull of boundries / livestock / property and any other rules that the land owner has

thankyou paul

Is it just pigeon or do you have any game to throw into the equation ? :good:

would you like picked up and free carts aswell!! free shooting on 700 acres for a bit off sharing land i would snap his hand off

oh you never said it was free cartridges and lifts as well..... count me in... im in northumberland so you will have to leave early... <_<

shaun

• 3 weeks later...

look this dude only wants shooting buddy who also has land so they can both do the share thing good on him i say,but jesus how hard can it be

Nice offer dcliff,I will be sending you a questionair to fill in,if and i mean"IF"you pass the questionair to my satisfaction we can then move on to the interview stage.I will expect you to be smart and on time for the interview,oh and it would help if you could bring some choccy biccys(as i like them).If the interview goes well and you pass the CRB test and can provide an up to date innoculations certificate,I will consider letting you pick me up from northumberland twice a week to come and shoot on your land.It would also be appropriate if as i am the guest that you could do all the beating while i stand(is lunch provided ?)

Yours unsincerely BLACKBART

(PS as i will be missing work while i am shooting,i presume i will be compensated for this)

Really is a good offer and i hope a rocket scientist comes along and can understand what you are after.Good luck mate

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure the guy is offering "swapsy" shoots

I was being sarcastic :lol: And just incase you wondered the bit above that was also said with a teeny bit of sarcasm(UNLESS,my offer is taken up and in which case i will be happy to come and shoot :lol: )