Decoying out the back of your truck

Weave

Dunno if anyone else does this, but off stubble i have had some very good success doing the following.

Open up the back doors on my Isuzu Trooper/Big Horn put some scrim across the top of the open doors, shove a couple of hazels in the ground in front and scrim off the back of the car.

Then use the boot floor as a seat and happily shoot over deeks all day like that.

They dont seem to be put off by the vehicle, i usually park it in the corner of a field with a decent hedge row, so have some cover from behind, but i have parked in the middle of a field and as described had good success.

I either shove a few deeks out or go for a full on pattern with the magnet, depending on what mood i am in.

makes for an easy set-up and when you finish, you just throw everything in the back and naff off!

:beer:

pigeons dont normally bother about farm implements , tractors , combines ,ect and will carry on feeding when they are working in a field . I have on several occations when the weather has been bad ,set up in the middle of a stubble field and built my hide around the disco using it as a windbreak and the pigeons have not paid a blind bit of attention to it . Harnser .

pigeons dont normally bother about farm implements , tractors , combines ,ect and will carry on feeding when they are working in a field . I have on several occations when the weather has been bad ,set up in the middle of a stubble field and built my hide around the disco using it as a windbreak and the pigeons have not paid a blind bit of attention to it . Harnser .

did you have the glitter ball and lights on? did you play any requests? :no::oops::P

did you have the glitter ball and lights on? did you play any requests? :no::oops::P

Yes it did become all to easy when i started to play some early val doonigan numbers ,they just put their wings over their ears and crash landed amongest the decoys . Twiked the amp two more decibels and they were dead . Harnser .

Yes it did become all to easy when i started to play some early val doonigan numbers ,they just put their wings over their ears and crash landed amongest the decoys . Twiked the amp two more decibels and they were dead . Harnser .

Val Doonigan? I'm surprised that you survived it, both barrels of "Dik a dum dum" has been known to send grown men to their sheds in tears, in a state of shock.