it was a HW100 in the end !!!

the_commoner

posted on here a few days ago, mainly due to cost i had a shortlist of AA410 / BSA T10 / Rapid 7

a few posts mentioned the HW100

anyways the long and short of it is i am now the owner of a new HW100

can you fall in love with a gun is ask ? anyone else had the same experience as moi ?

i will attach some pics of the gun and the first two magazines i put through it

as you can see from the one pic it took about 1/2 dozen shots to get it zeroed and then it was very tight groupings all the way, the accuracy is superb

on the other pic you can see 12 of the 14 shots well grouped, there is one just outsaide the grouping which i cannot explain and the one well outside on the left was my fault, (i caught sight of one of our chickens out of the corner of my eye just as i slipped the trigger and thought it had escaped from the run and i was about to shoot it !!!!)

anyways thanks to anyone that mentioned the HW100 i am over the moon, what a great gun, the stock is superb, the cocking mechanism brilliant, great finish to the wood and metal, great sound mod very very quiet.

If anyone is considering a new multishot pcp i would recommend spendfing the extra

anyone know how many shots / fill you can get, i have juts read on a dealers website that you can get 120 from one charge, seems a lot to me :good:?

I reckon on about 100/120 shots per charge mate. Keep an eye on the guage though. I never let the needle go into the yellow section. You really dont want a pellet stuck up the barrell.

I`ve also read somewhere that over time, the hw100 may exceed 12ft/lbs! Dont know if this is true or not but I`m checking mine at least once a month. Had mine for about 12 months and so far so good :good:

Beautiful gun.

Sorry to kind of hijack the thread but are these rifles the bees knees?

I had my heart set on a S410 which i ended up getting second hand 6 months ago, i've now posted it to another member on here as i'm changing to .177

My intention was to look for another S410 but this rifle has caught my eye.

I'm not going to be able to afford a new one but what should i be looking for in a secondhand version?

As in, are there any models that are better/worse, good points and bad points ect.

Also what would be a good price for an excellent condition secondhand for rifle only?

Cheers chaps, didn't want to start another thread with the same title.

Thanks.

G.

Beautiful gun.

Sorry to kind of hijack the thread but are these rifles the bees knees?

I had my heart set on a S410 which i ended up getting second hand 6 months ago, i've now posted it to another member on here as i'm changing to .177

My intention was to look for another S410 but this rifle has caught my eye.

I'm not going to be able to afford a new one but what should i be looking for in a secondhand version?

As in, are there any models that are better/worse, good points and bad points ect.

Also what would be a good price for an excellent condition secondhand for rifle only?

Cheers chaps, didn't want to start another thread with the same title.

Thanks.

G.

i did pick a mk1 hw100 up for £325,gun only,but with the 2 mags,mint,its a case of lookin on the other forums for a bargain.

my two babies.DSC00697.jpg

Edited by TONYG

Good choice... although watch the pressure as I bought mine new 2 months ago and now it's back with the dealer due to an air leak!!

It had better come back without a mark on it :angry:

Mine wouldn`t hold pressure when I first had it, but it seemed to settle down after a couple of weeks. No problems now though. (hope I`m not tempting fate by saying that) :blink:

I had a play with one in the gunshop today and think its fantastic, will get one soon as a suitable one comes up second hand.

Another question, i'm concerned about this whole anti tamper thing.

Not for any illegal activities, but guns do drop in power with age so why should this be any different? Are you supposed to just accept a gun firing with less power than what you are allowed without being able to get it adjusted up?

So do any anti tamper models still come with quick fill? As i'm pretty sure this is the model i'm looking for.

How do you tell which version is which?

Sorry thats loads of questions but i'm confuddled :oops:

Thanks Guys.

G

I had a play with one in the gunshop today and think its fantastic, will get one soon as a suitable one comes up second hand.

Another question, i'm concerned about this whole anti tamper thing.

Not for any illegal activities, but guns do drop in power with age so why should this be any different? Are you supposed to just accept a gun firing with less power than what you are allowed without being able to get it adjusted up?

So do any anti tamper models still come with quick fill? As i'm pretty sure this is the model i'm looking for.

How do you tell which version is which?

Sorry thats loads of questions but i'm confuddled :hmm:

Thanks Guys.

G

Anyone fancy replying to this idiots questions?

Cheers guys :lol: