A lack of cosistancey

Mutley

There does seem to be a lack of consistency among the MOD's!

Not wishing to cause an argument, but at present it is hard to know when and where HUMOUR is acceptable?

Some Moderators seem to let some things pass and then others come along and remove posts some time later?

We all can appreciate at times that Derailing/Hijacking can be to an extent annoying, but after a certain length

of time some threads have run their course and therefore the Derailing/Hijacking is a means of like minded members

enjoying some light hearted exchanges. I am aware of the "Play Pen" for the mainstay of the fun topics, but surely

the "Off Topic" section is in danger of becoming too straight laced!?! For me it's the not knowing who accepts what and when it's acceptable.

Like i stated this is not meant to cause an argument, but is just my thoughts and opinions, and yes i know

Opinions are like **** Holes and everybody has one!!

There does seem to be a lack of consistency among the MOD's!

Not wishing to cause an argument, but at present it is hard to know when and where HUMOUR is acceptable?

Some Moderators seem to let some things pass and then others come along and remove posts some time later?

We all can appreciate at times that Derailing/Hijacking can be to an extent annoying, but after a certain length

of time some threads have run their course and therefore the Derailing/Hijacking is a means of like minded members

enjoying some light hearted exchanges. I am aware of the "Play Pen" for the mainstay of the fun topics, but surely

the "Off Topic" section is in danger of becoming too straight laced!?! For me it's the not knowing who accepts what and when it's acceptable.

Like i stated this is not meant to cause an argument, but is just my thoughts and opinions, and yes i know

Opinions are like **** Holes and everybody has one!!

or calling someone a ***** :blush:

Gentlemen, you are in danger of following the same path as Berrettaman, Outlaw, John5, and many others.

The moderating team have to find a balance between right and wrong, this doesnt please everyone.

i see no reason to say they are in danger of following the above named members banned or otherwise.

no profanity or slander stated, just opinions as far as i can see, no need to fuel a non existing fire.

one makes an observation, the other ask's a question, every right to really, dont you think Tink??

Martin.

After studying the demise of the afore mentioned members there seems to be a pattern forming.

To question the moderating team's actions and decisions, is in my opinion one of the first steps down a rocky road.

Tread wisely and you will enjoy this site for years to come.

The forum has been adjusted to suit the needs of the light hearted, is that not enough?

Edited by Tink

After studying the demise of the afore mentioned members there seems to be a pattern forming.

To question the moderating team's actions and decisions, is in my opinion one of the first steps down a rocky road.

Tread wisely and you will enjoy this site for years to come.

The forum has been adjusted to suit the needs of the light hearted, is that not enough?

:blush: So you are entitled to an opinion but no-one else is, unless they agree with you? That is exactly the attitude of the three ex members mentioned.

Simmer down chaps.

The whole "mod" topic goes round in circles and this has all been done before.

I had a post removed yesterday. It's no big deal.

Lets be honest, there is a pattern of pushing the envelope especially in the new play pen. I myself was intruiged how far the pictures of scantily clad ladies could go, LV having set the benchmark for what was clearly not going to be acceptable.

Everyone take a deep breath.

If you actually read what Tink has said and bear in mind that:

1. it is a natural human trait not to like being told what to do; and,

2. that the forum is not a democracy

then what he has said is spot on. Those that don't "get" this do normally end up on a self destruct to a ban.

I,ve had one or two posts removed and dont mind.They werent so great anyway really and looking at the more liberal forums I dont think the mods are too far off the mark.They descend into bun fights. Human nature being what it is needs a bit of curbing at times to make things work.

Just to clarify my thoughts, I DONT have a problem with a site being Moderated/Policed,

At times it is essential before things get too out of hand and an all out brawl ensues, or as

has been pointed out this is a PUBLIC Forum open to people from all walks of life and of all ages.

It just seems that one moderator allows some thing albeit a bit near the knuckle and this may

be posted for some time, then the next shift of moderators come on and it gets removed.

It could well be that the previous shift have not had time too sift through all the post and the

next shift takes over and they cop for the action? This i can accept, may be i have answered my own question?

I think you have.

You also need to bare in mind we don't all read all the posts.

Can you tell us which ones you don't read? :blush::stupid: :o

:P:P

Chad; I think that it's probably more a case of the mods knowing who is likely to put up posts that are over the top, and reading those first, not that you or I would do such a thing.

Maybe a built in spell checker (chequer) is required.

I freely admit I am the worlds worst speller, worse than that I leave whole words out of sentences.

So I clicked on the iSpell checker at the top right of this box and have just downloaded it to try.

Time will tell if it works, it won't replace missing words though so I will have to check for those manually :blush:

I freely admit I am the worlds worst speller, worse than that I leave whole words out of sentences.

So I clicked on the iSpell checker at the top right of this box and have just downloaded it to try.

Time will tell if it works, it won't replace missing words though so I will have to check for those manually :stupid:

The problem with the spell checker is that it will want to change correct spelling to the American way, and the use of the wrong spelling of a word i.e. Chequer instead of checker, it ignores as it is spelled correctly. Apart from that it works fine. :blush:

Time will tell if it works, it won't replace missing words though so I will have to check for those manually :stupid:

The problem with the spell checker is that it will want to change correct spelling to the American way, and the use of the wrong spelling of a word i.e. Chequer instead of checker, it ignores as it is spelled correctly. Apart from that it works fine. :blush:

Ensure your spell checker is using an english(UK) dictionary not English(US) then you should get colour not color.

M.

Time will tell if it works, it won't replace missing words though so I will have to check for those manually :o

Ensure your spell checker is using an english(UK) dictionary not English(US) then you should get colour not color.

M.

Damn that's good i only get mine in BLACK! :stupid: