jj dartford/

iraq sniper

Hi I went to jj over in dartford today for the first time as i am new to the kent area, so i am looking for a new home to carry on with my shooting.

First impressions are very important as they set the president and what i have to report is i will be going to be going on a regular basis as i had a cracking time today. Mark the owner and his staff were top class, people were friendly made me feel welcome.

As i am an avid skeet and dtl man i was a bit put off that there is only sporting( what i really mean is i am **** at sporting) but for my firsrt round i scored 46 and second 48 so was quite pleased as sporting is not my forte.

All i have left to say is well done jj,s yopu have a new member.

Does anybody recommend any other top clubs in the maidstone area.

Well, there is the big boy... Dartford Clay shooting Club. They have everything and are a CPSA Premier Ground I believe.

Then Hawley's, a strawbale type but with a skeet range and Compact. I go here quite often. I also attend JJ's often on Sundays, they have been holding 84 birders recently.

Edited by Peter De La Mare

Pop down to the Robin Hood Pub at Bluebell Hill - Shoot every other week or so on a Sunday - Nice 70 sporting with good people.

Dates are 27/7, 10/8, 24/8, 14/9, 28/9, 12/10, 26/10, 2/11, 23/11, 14/12 and 26/12 (with a hangover)

Not sure what time they start, but last shot must be fired by midday

The Dartford Shooting Ground is probably the best in the area.

100 sporting set up and about half a dozen DTL and Skeet ranges.

Yes, nice Clubhouse and a friendly welcome, but...........it's owned and run by Trap & Skeet shooters who have no idea how to put on a first class Sporting layout, which is a shame because they have the ground available but they don't seem to use it.

IMHO Southdown is the top Sporting ground "down Sarf", if you can hit the there, you can hit them anywhere, eh Tosspot..:rolleyes:

Cat.

Yes, nice Clubhouse and a friendly welcome, but...........it's owned and run by Trap & Skeet shooters who have no idea how to put on a first class Sporting layout, which is a shame because they have the ground available but they don't seem to use it.

IMHO Southdown is the top Sporting ground "down Sarf", if you can hit the there, you can hit them anywhere, eh Tosspot..:good:

Cat.

Yep, like Dartford nice place, comfortable i would say

Not sure what way to take that cat? :rolleyes: been struggling there as you know and have left there too many times feeling demoralised and disillusioned at times i hate the place with avengeance

IMHO Southdown is the top Sporting ground "down Sarf", if you can hit the there, you can hit them anywhere, eh Tosspot.. :lol:

Cat.

Not sure what way to take that cat? :lol: been struggling there as you know and have left there too many times feeling demoralised and disillusioned at times i hate the place with avengeance

OK, OK, I'll take you out and give you a couple of lessons if you like :rolleyes::good::lol:

No peace for the wicked :lol::lol::lol::lol:

IMHO Southdown is the top Sporting ground "down Sarf", if you can hit the there, you can hit them anywhere, eh Tosspot..:blink:

Cat.

Not sure what way to take that cat? <_< been struggling there as you know and have left there too many times feeling demoralised and disillusioned at times i hate the place with avengeance

TP,

I reckon you're a bit like a junkie on this one, you've got to come back for more, 'cos it'll be better next time...??

You're lucky to have one of the best grounds on your doorstep, what have I got.............Broomhills..!! :good:

Cat.

• 3 months later...
Well, there is the big boy... Dartford Clay shooting Club. They have everything and are a CPSA Premier Ground I believe.

Then Hawley's, a strawbale type but with a skeet range and Compact. I go here quite often. I also attend JJ's often on Sundays, they have been holding 84 birders recently.

How do you find Hawley's (and i don't mean where is it !) - is it busy - accept beginners etc

How do you find Hawley's (and i don't mean where is it !) - is it busy - accept beginners etc

It is busy first thing in the mornings. I usually end up there around midday and you can waltz through the course pretty quickly and have time to go round again to make up for all the mistakes you made the first time around.

The two Andys that run it are very friendly and helpful. It's an ideal place for the first timers as most of the stands are pretty straightforward, but there will be stands that have testing birds to keep the intermediate shooters happy.

It is busy first thing in the mornings. I usually end up there around midday and you can waltz through the course pretty quickly and have time to go round again to make up for all the mistakes you made the first time around.

The two Andys that run it are very friendly and helpful. It's an ideal place for the first timers as most of the stands are pretty straightforward, but there will be stands that have testing birds to keep the intermediate shooters happy.

Thanks - I'll give it a go then - had a few lessons but looking to get some practice in anywhere

Edited by viewer