i am not a twithcher but i would guess its fairly rare to see one of t

the_commoner

was out last night walking the dog and guess what wondered up the lane towards me, straight past me and the dog in the opposite direction and headed down towards the river ..................... my neighbour had said that she had seen one in her garden the day before but if i am honest i thought she had just misidentified it ................... spoke to a few people in the village and by all accounts its been wondering around for 2 days !!!!!!

pics039.jpg

i did consider it as i can't imagine it would last long near us, there are loads of foxes at the moment, its only a v small village and knowone has claimed it i think it might have got dumped by someone that didn't want it anymore, it had a huge abcess on its right eye

was pretty tame, wasn't fazed by either me or the dog walked past us about 2 feet away, i wondered what the hell it was from a distance as i saw it wondering towards me

and yes they do taste good <_<

But not as good as guinea fowl would you agree? These have to be the ultimate in taste.

very very similar, not many people have tried Peacock to make a comparison I happened to work somewhere with an abundance of peacocks so "rehomed" one :good:

and yes they do taste good :good:

But not as good as guinea fowl would you agree? These have to be the ultimate in taste.

I can certainly agree that guinea fowl are scrumptious.

We had guinea fowl and pea (birds? cocks and hens anyway) at home when I was growing up, but never tried peacock.

Robert

very very similar, not many people have tried Peacock to make a comparison I happened to work somewhere with an abundance of peacocks so "rehomed" one :good:

Yes, I "rehomed" one as well, from my shoot, where it appeared, to my oven, with the help of a 22 to the head!

We had guinea fowl and pea (birds? cocks and hens anyway) at home when I was growing up, but never tried peacock.

Robert

Peafowl would be my guess. :good:

Robert

Peafowl would be my guess. :good:

You are right as usual Bob (I had to look it up). Interestingly, it says that peafowl belong to the pheasant family.

I've 'ad an idea....

Robert