NEW LAMP

jamie46

Hi Jamie, welcome to the forums. I've moved this topic to the "guns and equipment" forum. A lot of people rate the lightforce lamps, but they are more expensive.

To an extent it depends what gun you are shooting. Is it an air-rifle or a rimfire?

On the basis of 'buy cheap, buy twice', I'd steer you towards a Lightforce. I use the 170 models, one scope-mounted (swapped between rifles) and one hand-held. Not cheap, but very well made. I bought mine from Sportsman, but you'll be looking at over £100 for the lamp and a pretty weedy battery. You'll probably find it cheaper to buy the battery direct from Maplin or a motorbike parts supplier.

ive got the deben atom tracer lamp which mounts on to the scope and has battery pack that goes on to stock of gun and has a dimmer on it aswell allowing to get closer to bunnys etc but they are around a £100

but they good all the same i think the battery pack will last about an hour or so

so i use a 12volt 7amp battery and that seems to last all night

check around dont buy the first one you see if you just after a cheap hand held lamp check my posts as i have one there that i paid £14 for from rs trade counter and a set of filters for about £5 from maplins a cheap lamping set up had it for about 4 years now and still going strong

I use lightforce or cluson & i am away to get the new cluson screen mount for car & looking to get the 2million power double bulb light. I work an amber/red fillters over the top of my lights which dull them down a little & am going to try the 2million now as a mate bought the 2million blitz lightforce & says its great.

Again jamie im the same as Baldrick-i use the Lightforce S170 Striker scope mounted lamp and a cluson 12v battery for use with rimfire and centrefire work.Your looking at about £120-£130(depending where you buy it).This is a fab piece of kit mind you.ATB.

Edited by bullet boy

Thanks every body for the replies.Im using a savage mk ll 22lr iwas looking for a hand held lamp ,never even thought about ascope mounted light.Could anyone tell me who sells cluson lamps as i have never heard of these before .Thanks jamie.