SG licence

goodshot

as has been said plod could take them if you cant prove the right to have them however he would also need to be a firearms officer to be able to lift them, most likley he would ask you into station whilst they checked

its been done :unsure:

I take it to buy carts the gun shop will need to see the original certificate?

Yes.

I understand why many of us carry our certificates for the "just in case I'm stopped" scenario.

Wouldn't it be good if the police had an instant access, UK-wide database of all legally held guns, their serial numbers and full details of the legitimate owners so that they could get a colleague to check said database over the radio and get an answer in seconds? Oh, hang on....... :unsure:

as has been said plod could take them if you cant prove the right to have them however he would also need to be a firearms officer to be able to lift them, most likley he would ask you into station whilst they checked

its been done :unsure:

Any plod can lift firearms if they have reason to believe they need to.

Otherwise you don't have an obligation to carry your license but it makes things simpler if it can be produced. Allegedly they can call you up on the system and check you have one but obviously takes more time

having not long had my shotgun cert and being new to it all, the first thing i thought when i recieved it is why dont they put it on a laminated card like the new driving licence with photo and hologram etc.... as for gun listings on the back, my corgi card carries my number,photo,details,hologram on the front and on the back is all the different appliances im qualifeid to work on.....

this would mean it could be easliy carried and undammaged......

maybe in time it will go this way?

A Bisley wallet holds both FAC & SGC.

I allways carry mine now.

Instant thank you sir, have a nice day.

Without it you'r open to hassle.

I can't be bothered with hassle, rather go shooting than back to the station or back home after the shoot, Police station tea mugs don't come with biccies.

It matters not what you think or what you know, either you'll have a easy going old sarge wise enough to know how to avoid mountains of paper work or a newbie who wants stripes & you'r going to help him.

A Bisley wallet holds both FAC & SGC.

I allways carry mine now.

Instant thank you sir, have a nice day.

Without it you'r open to hassle.

I can't be bothered with hassle, rather go shooting than back to the station or back home after the shoot, Police station tea mugs don't come with biccies.

It matters not what you think or what you know, either you'll have a easy going old sarge wise enough to know how to avoid mountains of paper work or a newbie who wants stripes & you'r going to help him.

I do exactly the same but despite this the last time I was stopped everything was computer checked including car insurance.Took about 10min,mind you the two policemen were friendly & noticeably relaxed after I produced my certs. I even received a follow up letter detailing place,time,reason for stop & no problem found.