lightforce lamps

i had 3 lightforce lamps now 140's & 2x 170's @ approx £70+p/p :yp:

all have let me down at some time or another, the poor workmanship of the soldering, cheep brittle wire & poor quality switches that jam up, break etc etc... is it me, or are they the usual chineese poo !! as i take care & maintaine my equipt, i dont expect this for the money !

how do you find the lightforce lamps in general ?? :lol:

Weird.. I've never had a problem with them???

I use mine for all sorts, they are very handy when you've had too many beers and start the bbq a bit late (after dark...um, more like 12:00am). The last one i strung up from the outside dunny fell off the roof and was fine apart from a scratch on the casing.

just thought I would add my experiences with these lamps, got a scope mounted 170 used to keep burning the inline switchs out :lol: , cos there only rated for 3 amps max and with a 100 w bulb they pull 8.5 amps, :blink: sorted it out by fitting a rocker switch rated for 16 amp from halfords ??? cant attach to stock now, but at least it has not burned out on me at the most inconvinient time, John Galway said to use the dimmer switch, but Bap ( Red Thunder) has has two of these burn out so at £40 each I am not confindent in parting with my cash :yp:

just thought I would add my experiences with these lamps, got a scope mounted 170 used to keep burning the inline switchs out :lol: , cos there only rated for 3 amps max and with a 100 w bulb they pull 8.5 amps, :blink: sorted it out by fitting a rocker switch rated for 16 amp from halfords ??? cant attach to stock now, but at least it has not burned out on me at the most inconvinient time, John Galway said to use the dimmer switch, but Bap ( Red Thunder) has has two of these burn out so at £40 each I am not confindent in parting with my cash :yp:

The point of a dimmer switch escapes me, once you have found your fox, and it's coming in, keep the light on, just point it downwards so that you can just see the eyes, when you want to shoot, simply lift the light. Easy innit? And I would agree that the weak point of Nightforce lamps is the switch.

I AGREE WITH BADGER I HAVE A 170 FOR 2YRS AND HAS HAD IT PROBLEMS LIKE BADGERS, I HAD 2 OTHERS I KEEP FOR SPARES A CULITE AND DEBEN SO DONT RUIN MY NITE JUST FOR A LAMP, MY 170 IS A GOOD LAMP BIT OVER PRICED FOR THE CRAPPY WIRING AND SWITCH BUT THROWS OUT BETTER LIGHT THAN THE OTHER TWO.

just thought I would add my experiences with these lamps, got a scope mounted 170 used to keep burning the inline switchs out ??? , cos there only rated for 3 amps max and with a 100 w bulb they pull 8.5 amps, :sad1: sorted it out by fitting a rocker switch rated for 16 amp from halfords :blink: cant attach to stock now, but at least it has not burned out on me at the most inconvinient time, John Galway said to use the dimmer switch, but Bap ( Red Thunder) has has two of these burn out so at £40 each I am not confindent in parting with my cash :lol:

The point of a dimmer switch escapes me, once you have found your fox, and it's coming in, keep the light on, just point it downwards so that you can just see the eyes, when you want to shoot, simply lift the light. Easy innit? And I would agree that the weak point of Nightforce lamps is the switch.

:yp: Bob im getting sick of this :cry1:

just thought I would add my experiences with these lamps, got a scope mounted 170 used to keep burning the inline switchs out ??? , cos there only rated for 3 amps max and with a 100 w bulb they pull 8.5 amps, :sad1: sorted it out by fitting a rocker switch rated for 16 amp from halfords :blink: cant attach to stock now, but at least it has not burned out on me at the most inconvinient time, John Galway said to use the dimmer switch, but Bap ( Red Thunder) has has two of these burn out so at £40 each I am not confindent in parting with my cash :lol:

:yp: Bob im getting sick of this :cry1:

That's OK, stick with it, we will be on home-loading high brass red cartridges shortly!

:yp: Bob im getting sick of this :mad:

That's OK, stick with it, we will be on home-loading high brass red cartridges shortly!

Would that be with the old bowman :cry1:

:yp: Bob im getting sick of this :mad:

Would that be with the old bowman :cry1:

It used to be, until I graduated to an MEC, I can hear the Bowman now, 'clunk, click', clunk-click' and the screams of "When are you going to stop making that ******* noise and come to bed". The added bonus of an MEC was that not only could you easily load 100 an hour, you could easily load 100 an hour with no primers, or no powder etc.

i had 3 lightforce lamps now 140's & 2x 170's @ approx £70+p/p :lol:

all have let me down at some time or another, the poor workmanship of the soldering, cheep brittle wire & poor quality switches that jam up, break etc etc... is it me, or are they the usual chineese poo !! as i take care & maintaine my equipt, i dont expect this for the money !

how do you find the lightforce lamps in general ?? :blink:

I have in front of me a Nightforce original Aussi lamp with built in dimmer its about 5 years old and the quality far exceeds Lightforce, the filter is housed in a hinged frame and the switches are beefier when compared with the Lightforce which may well be a cheapo copy for the european market?

My Lightforce lamps do give trouble with the switches but other than that I find them superior to the Deben tracers.

I have actually started repairing Lightforce lamps for local farmers, word soon got around and hey its bought me a few beers :yp:

??? D2D

I use the dimmer often. Two reasons, to errrr dim it... and more importantly when I'm walking around shining it at the ground dimmed down I don't have X00,000 candlepower glaring back at me and lighting me up.

IF, you want to have the lamp on continiously for 2,3 and more hours you DO need to CUT the lead above the switch and replace it all :yp: It's the first thing I do with all mine (four or five of them now, still working all) and they won't let you down then.

They have the best beam of any lamp I've seen, they're very light weight. They do indeed have quality issues with the cabling, switches and connections which is why I ditch them and replace with my own.

They're still worth the money IMO.