pump action

digger

a mate of mine was toying with getting a left hand semi.went to the gunshop yesterday and the only one they had was 3 inches too short in the stock.he is a big bloke so most guns he tries he has to have altered.he has talked himself into buying a pump action instead with two sets of barrels,one moderated the other not.the moderated barrel makes the gun heavy that end and has a huge sight plane.i have no experience of pumps or modded guns at all.should he part with £500 ? i think its a mossberg,brand new.

Wouldn't personally recomend one for clays

Agreed it depends what it's for but they are still alright on clays I have recently bought an old one for £100, full choke but that just makes it more fun :thumbs: . It is surprising how much time you actually get on sim pairs. Not for a serious clay shooter granted but a damn fun gun that gets everyone talking :lol: .

iam thinking of getting a pump action 3 shot myself,theres 1 at a gun shop at sheffeild for £250 brand new i think that it is a mossberg....seems a bit cheap for a new gun :lol: are thay any good and are thay easy to shoot..i only want it for geese duck also fox

soon as i picked up the 3 shot pump i wanted to take it home with me there and then...i never liked semi autos before but this 1 did it for me :(

Very easy to shoot, and very robust. I can put virtually any ammuntion through my Super Magnum Remington, so good for geese, foxes etc. Much more reliable than a semi, and if you keep the internals clean, it should last a long while. Added advantage of a Mossberg is the new Hushpower conversions. Worth looking into.

• 1 month later...