Fiber optic bead

Rossenarra

Just going to buy one of these fiber optic beads that solve the problem of having the wrong dominant eye. It’s 40 Euro and one of my worries is that I will end up loosing it. For people who use these…..do they last and stay on the gun or are they just too much hassle?:hmm:?:sly:?

don't buy a stick on. Most modern guns have beads that will screw on and off. You can buy a Hi-Vis sight that will have 5 different screw bases and will fit most any modern gun available. They are $5 in the US and if you had to pay more than 15 quid for one here I'd be surprised. And, it is much more durable than a stick on.

If you have a screw on bead and can't find one, let me know. I think I have one from the states still.

Thanks

Rick

Casts by fly & Throdgrain - don't think these correct for eye dominance though do they?

Rossenarra I think is refering to one of these http://www.easyhit.co.uk/

Oly,

Not specifically designed for it no. However they do attract more of your eye's attention to the bead and it becomes more prominent in your sight picture. For me, they made me concentrate more on the bead than the bird. That's why mine came off.

Thanks,

Rick

I would be more tempted to just practise shooting with one eye shut. In the long run you will shoot better, as you will not get into the habit of looking at your barrel. As said previously, try using a patch over one eye or blur out one of your lenses.

I tried that for ?!? years, but it never worked :P , it did get better but not half as good as with my easyhit bead now (for my O/U) - it's effect can be seen instantly and then it only gets better from there! :yes:

So got my easyhit bead, am looking forward to putting on the gun at the weekend……the shop I bought it off said what ever you do do not use superclue and to secure it with additional double sided sticky tape

For the seasoned users whats the best method of keeping it on the rib

I've got a Hi-Viz which is magnetic. The magnet is quite powerful and there's no way it'll come off. I take it off though when the gun goes in the cabinet.

I don't think it's a question of looking at the barrel as it only helps you see the bead with your peripheral vision. I'd recommend it if your confidence drops and you feel you need something to get you back on the bird. It helped me no end.

I have really bad left eye dominance and tried everything, tape on my glasses etc.

Tried a easyhit out at Doveridge SG, they had a magnetic version and let me try it on my gun. The difference was unreal.

Went out and bought one and it has certainly sorted my eye dominance out. Best money i ever spent. Had no problems with keeping it on either, the adhesive strip is brilliant but you need to make sure your rib is cleaqned well before applying it.

The guy that runs easyhit - Graham Oades is really helpful and really knows his stuff re eye dominance.

http://www.easyhit.co.uk/ . He also shoots himself and coaches so he knows where peoples problems lie.

Browning sell a magnetic HI-VIZ bird buster about an inch long with 1 magnetic strip-insert 3 bodys to fit any rib with 4 TRUE-GLOW HI-VIZ pins 2green & 2red. I dont have a prob with eys or nothing but got it for wildfowling etc for early morning & dusk shooting to help that wee bit & its great my brother & mate now have aswell. I got mine for £15 free p+p from deepblueshooting hope this helps.