PICK UP 4X4 DOUBLE CAB

pigeon master

hi pigeon master

i had a l200 warrior with all the trimmings new on a 53 plate great vehicle in some respects but **** in others the ride was very wallowy on the duel carriage way near me it seemed more like i was on a ship than in a car tha warrior comes with diff lock but no abs brakes

i was out shooting after a damp few days and got stuck on a small grass incline with diff lock engaged i admit it only had the bridgestone tyres on it from the factory but i still thought it was very poor

i had the sports utility top for it nice and secure but cost £1500.00 wow

it was not very good on fuel did around 23 mpg but mostly around town

the gear box was a bit crunchy also reported it to the dealer and they admitted to me there was a problem ( a mate of mine has had 3 boxes)

the body work is very flimsy aswell i had to have dent master out 3 times within 8 months to get small dents out the doors. i once pushed on the tailgate with the hand brake off to hold it in place whilst coupling to a trailor and put a bloody hand print in it

any way to cut a long story short i sold it and purchased a 53 plate discovery td5 commercial, completly different build class in my opinion but only 2 seats but same tax benifits the only thing i can fault it on is its sluggish at low revs

my mate has a navara which we also use for shooting and this is a far better vehicle than the l200 in my opinion

hope this is of help to you

shawn9914

Hi Pigeon Master, hope you get sorted with a 4x4 soon. But what ever you choose, have a think about a GAS conversion cos some of these can be right thirsty beasts.

I am running a toyota 3.0 V6 with a lpg conversion, that means £30 of gas gets me about 300-320 miles, (not bad for a thirsty motor!). Watching the petrol gauge go down can take the fun out of driving full stop.

Good Luck, OSSA.

I have been told, (so please dont shoot if incorrect) that if you put a cover on the back of a pick up you can't claim the commercial car tax rate due to the fact that the extra weight of the cover reduces the legal amount of weight that the vehicle car carry.

As for gas BP have said they wont remove the pumps from their sites.

Cranfield

You have previously reported that some companies in your area have removed their Autogas pumps.

There are a few possible rasons for this.

a. Too many pumps in a given locality, resulting in low sales per pump.

b. Many of the supermarkets leased the equipment off the gas companies, who have increased their rentals due to lower than anticipated sales, on a site by site basis.

c. Even the supermarkets wont be able to bully the gas companies. There is a shortage of suitable equipment, and the price of gas has risen tremendously over the last year. The supermarkets have not passed on the full extent of the increase, and so, made little if anything on the autogas sales.

d. I have an industry lpg industry report infront of me. It shows that sales have risen steadily from2900 tonnes for ist qtr year 2000 to 27,000 tonnes for 3rd quatre 2004.

e. In 1998, Britain had only 113 autogas stations, I owned two of them. We now have well in excess of 1000, and are better served than any other country in Europe. The industry has invested 10s of millions of pounds in infrastructure, and isnt about to bin it. There may well be some localised realignment to cope with market forces, but LPG is here to stay. If you want a viable alternative,Autogas is it; for the time being at least.

webber

webber, please don't think I am knocking LPG, I'm not.

It grieves me that the Government doesn't do more to support sales of non petroleum fuels.

However, what really irritates me, is that I can remember when diesel fuel for vehicles was substantially cheaper than petrol, now it is as much as 5p per litre more expensive than unleaded. :/

Dead right Cranfield, I was one of those nuggets that went and bought a diesel when the goverment said it would be cheaper to run, but as you say diesel prices have crept slowly upwards and it is no longer cheaper. I think if I was to flick the switch over to petrol I would only get about 18 mpg, also the same on gas, but at 37p per ltr...... the switch stays on gas. :)

Some great info there guy's .... sad to read shawn's experience with his L200, I know it lacks a bit of leg space for rear passengers but I had expected better mechanicals !!

Any one's thoughts on the 'newish' Isuzu .. 4 x 4 Rodeo Denver :)?

3.0 litre turbo diesel, 131 bhp, 30.7 mpg, 20,294 including Vat.

I have a test drive booked next Tue but the dealer wont let me take it off road.

• 2 weeks later...

I would buy Japanese for reliability, everyone I know who has a Rover of some sort seems to spend every third weekend fixing something.

My choice would be the Navara, probably because I work for Nissan and can get them cheap (ish) but also because they do seem to win a lot of wright-ups in the press.

In the army, we used rovers, one day the one I was in cut out when the driver dipped the headlights!

It was a deep puddle though :D