bad back??

tweedledee

guys anyone else bothered with a bad back?i am just about crippled at the minute ,i can`t stand up or lie in bed.this happens me about twice a year.i rang first thing this morning to go and see the bloke who can sort it and no appointments free till monday morning.ouch looks like i`ll be walking about with a broken spring till then :wub:

I broke mine two years ago and have had problems with it since if I do any heavy lifting or constant bending down work. I use a tens machine on therapy setting (for gods sake don't use sports if you back is bad already!) and when I have real issues switch to medication. Diazepam 6mg. The odd thing with them is, they don't really kick in until your onto your 3rd load. Once they do start to work though they really do ease any pain and feeling. Just don't drive or have a beer. I once had a beer (or two.. :wub: ) and woke up next morning half in the wardrobe. :wub:

guys anyone else bothered with a bad back?i am just about crippled at the minute ,i can`t stand up or lie in bed.this happens me about twice a year.i rang first thing this morning to go and see the bloke who can sort it and no appointments free till monday morning.ouch looks like i`ll be walking about with a broken spring till then :wub:

really feel for you mate, pain in the **** (or back :wub: )

only ever get a bit stiff, and that hurts enough. i once had to carry my brother into A&E when his back had gone. wouldnt mind, but he 18 stone and 6'2 :wub:

Had a ruptured disc years ago, had to lie still for 5/6 days and have suffered ever since. Problem is nobody understands why you often get up and walk like something from notre dame! Back pain is literally the bane of my life to the extent I can't tie shoe laces, socks often have to be put on with one hand generally I have to think before I do/lift anything. I find sitting low behind a hide or crouching in grass at the foreshore especially difficult. Anyone who suffers with back pain has my sympathies. I know that losing a stone or two would help so I ought to get on a diet really.

try this but do it gently lay on your back on floor hands by your side bring both legs up towards chest till your feet are flat on floor this will ease pressure on back then gently i mean gently from the hip roll your legs still with your feet flat on floor left to right i hope i explained this ok and in bed lay on back and put 2 pillows at back of knees it takes pressure of it works for me and i had 3 discs fused together10 years ago but still suffer

also if you can lay on your stomach get someone to put ice in a bag then wrap a t towel round it and place it where pain is worse it will be cold to start with but then u find it starts getting warm because it is cooling inflamation down its so oooooo

Edited by sapper063

Following a motorcycle accident, I ended up in hospital with Septicaemia. Whilst in there I got MRSA. One of my vertebrae - T7 or T8, I think - just disintegrated. Not the disc, but a vertebrae. I ended up two and a half inches shorter than when I went in. I was lucky that the MRSA ate it away quite evenly. The crumbling spine crushed my spinal chord and left me unable to walk for some time. I have had to learn to walk again twice. Nowadays I have a permanent pain in my back and my ribs - funnily enough. Some days are better than others. I just got used to the pain. I wouldn't wish back pain on anyone, apart from the odd troll. It's no fun.

Edited by Gordon R

Suffered badly about 17 years ago after numerous accidents while doing motorcross in my youth then capped it all off with a serious car accident and ended up with whiplash etc.Spent about 2 years almost continually dosed up on iburofen and switched jobs to one which didnt involve lifting anything heavier than my pay packet. :wub:

Absolutely fine now,but i am careful with what and how i lift things.The old saying about 'bend your knees-not your back' really is right! :wub:

I have suffered with bad back for the last 30 years, it used to get me probably twich a year untill the last 5 years when it has been painfull all the time.

the last few years i have had pain when getting up in the morning, we had a new bed approx 7 years ago, i thought about getting a new mattress but in the end decided to put a board under the mattress, i have been pain free since using it. when i looked at the bed itself the divan bit is hinged in the middle so you can move it when lying down my hips were exactly on the join, this caused my spine to be twisted during sleap.

get yourself a piece of mdf or as i did the side of an old flat pack wardrobe and put it under the mattress

I fell at work at the end of February and have suffered from back pain and have a tear in the ACL in my left knee, that is bad enough but, my back aches all day every day, I take 1 or 2 if needed diclofenac (up to a max of 6 per day) topped up with 2 paracetamol up to 8 per day, strange thing is the fact that the MRI scan I had on my back has shown no damage (which I'm pleased about but now it has me wondering what the problem is) now the physio has me going on a back clinic in two weeks that entails me spending 3 hours a day for 5 days at hospital going through some exercises. I bought a memory foam mattress on the advice of my sons chiropractor and it has helped, I can now get 4-5 hours kip a night.

Yesterday my solicitor rang me to find out my current state of health and I told her that the scan had shown nothing, she promptly said, "it seems theres nothing wrong with you, your just trying to get compensation on a false claim because you fell, your making yourself out to appear to be a malingerer" she then went on for a few more minutes but I wasn't listening, Monday morning I'll be calling the union rep at work to tell him that she's not helping me and will he ask the union head office to find a better solicitor.

Back pain, no fun at all.

It doesn't help me that I'm a one legged fat bloke who can't get any exercise at the moment, and who hasn't in the last 7 months, hence I'm overweight!

Kernel - when I was in hospital - from memory, apart from countless blood tests, I had an isotope bone scan and two full body scans. Only the last scan showed up the MRSA affecting my spine. Two consultants had a bit of an argument at the foot of my bed. The first said that I had already had the isotope bone scan and a full scan and they were too expensive. The second - Mr Doyle - said he didn't give a stuff about budgets - he said "If you don't want it coming off your budget, put it on mine, but get him done this morning and move him to one of my wards after". Saved my life.

They don't get it right the first time - every time. Admitted with Septicaemia, they discharged me still with it. Re-admitted with Septicaemia and got MRSA the second time.

Broke my back in 91 cracked my pelvis broke the coxic clean off motorcycle accident , right hand bend track of derv lamppost managed to chop the lamppost in half dont get much pain but christ some mornings my legs take a wee while to work,

On the funny side the council sent my wife a condolence letter and a bill for £359 we still laugh about it ,

I use IBROFEN 600MG its an anti inflamitory and pain killer, it the swelling that traps the nerves which causes the pain at least thats what the quack told me it works for me Hopes this helps