Aya Yeoman Re-born!!!

Evil Elvis

:rolleyes: Thanks dude.She loves it, she just asked for a gun for xmas!!!! Not a shottie either....a bloody rimmie!!!!!! Shes a good shot with one but im a bit nervous of letting her kill something shes only 10!!! She plucked and sliced those pigeons for her ferrets though, didnt bat an eyelid!!!As for the outfit, she has the trousers and shirt to go with it. :yes:

As for the avatar................I think Im developing a twitch!!!!

Edited by Evil Elvis

Hi E Elvis.

The yeoman is a great gun, have one myself. Are you sure it's 1978 looks older due to the loss of the hardening colour on the action. mine is a 1979 and still has a lot of colour. If it's a 1978 it should have the symbol x1 stamped on the barrell flats.

O1=1970

P1=1971

Q1+1972

R1=1973

S1=1974

T1=1975

U1=1976

V1=1977

X1=1978 (Don't know why they skipped W1)

Y1=1979

Z1=1980

This is mine. Looks a lot different now. I removed the gastly varnish and oiled the stock. will get up to date pics later.

Hi E Elvis.

The yeoman is a great gun, have one myself. Are you sure it's 1978 looks older due to the loss of the hardening colour on the action. mine is a 1979 and still has a lot of colour. If it's a 1978 it should have the symbol x1 stamped on the barrell flats.

O1=1970

P1=1971

Q1+1972

R1=1973

S1=1974

T1=1975

U1=1976

V1=1977

X1=1978 (Don't know why they skipped W1)

Y1=1979

Z1=1980

This is mine. Looks a lot different now. I removed the gastly varnish and oiled the stock. will get up to date pics later.

The various markings on the barrel flats of my gun are not particularly well stamped. Where about on there should the stamp showing the age be?

FM :oops:

You have done a good job on the stock and forend, well done. :oops:

Now replace the sleeve with a proper recoil/butt plate and finish the job.

Its nice to see your daughter taking a good interest.

My daughters(when they were young) use to prefer ferreting than shooting.

Mainly because they got involved getting rabbits from nets, handling the ferts etc.

Neither blanched at hitting a rabbit on the back of the head with their "killing sticks", nor eventually gutting and skinning a rabbit.

They are both in their early thirties now, but we often talk about those days.

Great fun and good days to remember. :yp:

Hi ferret master.

This is only for the AYA yeoman sbs. If you detatch your barrells and hold them rib down with the barrells running out to your left, the mark should be in the bottom left corner of the flats as you're looking at them. This is where it is on mine.

Sorry but this is the only way I can explain it. I would show you pic but can't upload from my photos. Don't know why. Any Ideas anyone?

Also on the underside of the each barrell just in front of the flats there will be stars stamped. These indicate how each barrell is choked.

For eg. mine is right barrell *** =1/2 choke

left barrell * =Full choke

Hope this helps sorry if a bit confusing.

Happy Hunter

Now replace the sleeve with a proper recoil/butt plate and finish the job.

Lol, dont you start....Bob has been nagging me about that!!!!! Maybe it can be a job for him next time Im up that way lol. It does have the original aya butt pad but the bloody thing is so light it kicks like a mule!!!

My youngest loves shooting, she cant wait to be big enough to have her own shotty, i wish i hadnt sold my 20g now!!! She coming out to shoot the hmr in the morning....not on prey ...yet.Shes competant with the .22lr but shes not fired the hmr.She has ferrets too!!!

Happy hunter....mine defo say x1!!! and its half and full too!!

The colour deteriorated when I used a de-oxidiser on it....but I like the colour better now.If i could get it right back to steel colour I would!!!

Edited by Evil Elvis