Suzy, The bunny boiler

Mrs Sweepy

My big mighty hunter decided to go out the other night for the spot of bunnie hunting.And can back with 36 :angry:

Anyway as i have them coming out of my ears now . I decided that it would be bunnie for tea last night.

So we all took

the vote on Rabbit pie.

now if am making pie or pudding i always boil the bunnie. as i find it always makes the meat nice and tender .

Doing it this way i always have a slight smell of bubbleing bunnie floating round the house.

But noting to bad.

That was till yesterday.

Boy what a wiff. :angry:

When it first went into the pot it really did smell like chicken . But as it boiled more the smell got sweeter and sweeter.

It was not the nasty smell but the very sweet smell.

And by the end off cooking even sweepy was having second thoughts about eating it.

Am afaid the smell got the better of me :) . But as mealtime in my house is like being at the zoo.

Eveyone else held their noses and dive in. :good:

Apparently the meat was the best they had ever tasted in bunnie form. :angry::good:

So i was wondering if anyone could enlightling me to why it smelt so sweet when cooking i persume it must have something to do with its diet.

And if so I must now have the freezer full off the best tasting bunnie in the whole off essex.

Thats if you can put up with the sickling smell while cooking it.So what could it have been that made the meat so sweet.

XXXXSuzy

Suzy, this is what the rottie does for scutails.

I present her with up to 10 on a sunday night, paunched, skinned, and most important of all, anal glands removed (You won't believe how many people fail to do this)

She soaks them in a heavy saline solution for 24 hours and then boils them up for two hours or so until the meat falls off the bones.

The meat is then striped out and soaked in a good covering of olive oil with a liberal amount of spicy italian rub.

This will keep for 5 days in the fridge should you need to but she knocks out 50-60 pies that are frozen, uncooked, and sold on for a £1 each.

LB

Suzy, this is what the rottie does for scutails.

I present her with up to 10 on a sunday night, paunched, skinned, and most important of all, anal glands removed (You won't believe how many people fail to do this)

She soaks them in a heavy saline solution for 24 hours and then boils them up for two hours or so until the meat falls off the bones.

The meat is then striped out and soaked in a good covering of olive oil with a liberal amount of spicy italian rub.

This will keep for 5 days in the fridge should you need to but she knocks out 50-60 pies that are frozen, uncooked, and sold on for a £1 each.

LB

just clarify one thing ...... does she add the spice to the meat if being used in the pie of storing in fridge? never thought of using italian spicing in pies :rolleyes: