Not 2 bad a day

turk101

Hi all, just thought i'd share these photo's with you all.

Got stuck in major traffic on the way to the farms, so thought this was going 2 be the start off a bad day :lol: .

Finally got to the farm, to meet a friend who had already set up in a rape field that he says was blue with them when he arrived. i set up in a rape field on the opposite side, after an hour got bored with not even seen a bird let alone fire a shot, so went for a wander. walking some stubble i saw a hen pheasant which took off long before i could get anywhere near it, but turned to a hedge behind where i had walked. when i walked back i was looking in the hedge to see if the pheasant was there, but it had gone only to be replaced by a WOODCOCK :yes: , hit it with 1 clean shot. :hmm:

back at the decoys my mate phoned to say he was going for a walk with the dog at another farm. so i packed up the deeks as i was doing so i heard a cock pheasant at the end of the hedgerow, took a walk to the top, could'nt see it, as i turned to go back i heard it take off screaming about 30-40 yards out in the rape, once again 1 clean shot it droped stone dead. :hmm:

arrived at another farm about 1pm to see the rape field absolutely swarming with woodies, watched the field for 20 minutes or so. decided to set up under a big tree finally set up about 1.45pm the shooting was fast and furious and to be honest i was'nt expecting it, usually 1 shot on rape and there gone, especially as a lone shooter.

anyway final bag 14 woodies but a terrible kill ratio. :lol:

will be going back very soon.

turk101

post-65-1227122227.jpg