pigeons behind the house

mallinson

I have shot in total around 20 from all these massive flocks, i will get up a little earlier and take some more closer pics of them.

They just won't come into the deaks, i have never seen as many pigeons as this ever before.

The pigeons i have shot have all been full of nuts, they can't be many left??? I'm guessing by the end of this month they will have moved on.

me and my dad had a day like that in the wind, we were standing behind a large row of tree's shooting them up the tail as they come over in flocks of 300 or so, but they were so high it was v difficult, we started using 4's and larger shot, to try and keep some kind of pattern at that height....with limited success, i think tighter chokes might have been in order....... oh well, we live and learn

I had a flock almost that size over my neck of the woods last weekend. Unfortunately, they were choosing to roost in the leased woodland the other side of the river and not on our side, so I was stuffed. Decoys worked for about 30 seconds before the crop scarers started up.

Mind you, pretty much every field round our way has got a hide up somewhere in it.

Wookie