something a bit lighter

mfrcus

Hi all i'm after my 1st shotgun but without trying to soumd wimpy :yp: i'm finding a lot of them a tad heavy .I don't mind putting up with more kick ..which guns would you suggest i look at ,i've got a budget of about a grand .I did try a browning synergy synthetic stock but thats a bit out of my price range .Any suggestions would be great ...cheers marcus

to be honest i don't think there is a huge weight difference in any of them. they all seem to be around the same to me mate.

:lol: you could allways save your money get some weights mate :no: :yp: :yes:

I'm not a wimp honest ,i've spent over 20 yrs as a hod carrier ect..its just i prefer lighter guns ,perhaps its because i'm used to airguns where most shots are taken prone or kneeling .I've tried clays once :good: & its not that i find the guns way to heavy but as i said i think i'd find a ligher one more pointable or perhaps its something i'll get used to ...cheer marcus

I wouldnt worry about it.

If you arent used to shooting standing its probably just using muscles you dont normally use.

At first I found my Miroku MK38 a bit heavy so I started practicing at home every couple of days just brining it up to my shoulder, holding it there (until i started to wobble) then taking it down. I would repeat this a few times.

A few weeks of that and now it feels light as a feather. Its like anything your body isnt used to doing, sometimes you just need to build up a particular set of muscles. Dont bother doing weights as suggested, unless you are somehow going to hold them in the exact position of your hands while shooting

I had the same sort of problem. Use to the airguns but i could stand and shoot the bunnies. I was worries about the kick as i have a back problem so i went for a browning 3 1/2" S/A. it killed me for the first few weeks and my arms were like jelly after a half day on the pigeons but after a short time i just got use to it. I think its like pbickerd said. its just the muscle group getting use to new things.

just put up with it for a bit and you'll be ok in no time at all.

Phil.

Different shooting disciplines require different guns. Down the Line needs a rock solid mount on the gun and this a heavier gun usually. Sporting usually needs a lighter O/U but some heft is still needed. Shooting woodpigeons from a hide would require a light gun but many people can use an old trap gun.....its horses for courses. And dont forget that a light gun can give a kick that a heavier model wont. The heavy gun absorbs the recoil but the lighter gun gives that recoil to you. Dont worry you will find a gun.

I agree with the Beretta Ultra Light...... I have a 2nd hand 28" Beretta S682 - went for shorter barrels as I thought I could "wield" it better. But when I was in Andersons Gun Shop in E. Grinstead I picked up an Ultra Light..... & the difference felt massive.... ssooooooo much lighter. So I would give that a go. New they are over your budget.... but you could find a 2nd hand within budget on gun trader I would have thought.