About to buy 1000 carts for clays usually get hull pro fiber

I started with Hull Comp X, then tried the Pro Fibre and I'm now going back to Comp X !

Its not that I don't like the Pro Fibre, just they are a lot more expensive and I'm not good enough to notice any difference!

I might be tempted to just get 250 untill I was happy with them though. My mate bought 1000 Kent, and imediatley decided he didn't like them :hmm:

Just finishing off 1000 Hull Comp X. 600 were a black case and jammed in a friend's Beretta auto. I was not impressed by the kills. 400 were a shorter red case, of different manufacture, with different brass and primer. These were infinitely superior. I presume Hull use another manufacturer.

Edited by Gordon R

They must be plastic at that price Gordon :good:

I picked up some first fibre from Kelbrook yesterday on my way back from Rishton, we paid £136, a small detour but worth it, our supplier in Stoke put his price up to £150. ;)

Edited by Andy W

gotta say.... have been using Hull Comp X 21g 7&1/2's on the clay ground (£117-£120 per 1000).... where previously was using Gamebore White Gold XLR 8's at £150 per 1000....

Have gone through 750 over past few weeks & I have found them very good, & no noticeable difference - but then with my standard of shooting that most prob isn't saying too much!

not wishing to hijack...but....well...

can anybody recommend a good 12b 6 cart? at the moment ive got some Eley High Flyers which im pleased with. However i think i might get my next lot in bulk...so....anybody got any recommendations?

also can anybody recommend anywhere in the worcestershire area which is a good place to buy them? atm i use either my local countrywide or the gunshop in worcester.

tia

I find that Eley Olympic Trap are a good fast economical cartridge. These I use regularly on DTL and some ABT and get consistent good scores.

These are available on line at Justcartridges .com at £131.50 per 1000 plus £15 carriage, or Clayshootingrus.co.uk at £131.50 per 1000 plus £16 carriage.

There are other cartridges with equal performance, eg Express Super Competition but prices for these will be higher. Depends what you shoot, for club practise you need a cheaper cartridge, but maybe for competitions a higher speed cartridge may give you a slight advantage on leads etc.

Tim is quite good on Eley prices, recently iv'e been using gamebore's Kent velocity @ £37 per 250 in fibre from the shooting shack in bolton (includes basc discount) they are a tad dirty but ok. eley first and eley olympics are both decent cartridges inho. I'M not a big fan of fiochi top one and game blue diamond whilst one of my fav's are excellent they are a tad expensive.though, having tried around 80 - 90% of clay cartridges on current sale i have found if you really want high quality and super consistant cartridges then you have to pay that little bit more. If however clay shooting is a bit of fun then any of the cheaper brands will do the job as long as you try and use the same every time, swapping from one to the other makes life that little bit harder

not wishing to hijack...but....well...

can anybody recommend a good 12b 6 cart? at the moment ive got some Eley High Flyers which im pleased with. However i think i might get my next lot in bulk...so....anybody got any recommendations?

also can anybody recommend anywhere in the worcestershire area which is a good place to buy them? atm i use either my local countrywide or the gunshop in worcester.

tia

first of all dont go to countrywide because you will get ripped off big time, I go to bromsgrove shooting supplies and their prices are good :lol: