Humane Killer

Axel

They were called "The Semark game despatcher" namely for Mr Semark who I believe is no longer with us.

Basically they were a pair of pliers with an inch or so of 1/4" dia. steel rod brazed across each of the jaws. The birds neck was placed between the rods and the vertebrae were crushed.

You could make a pair dead easy, at a pinch (pun intended) you could solder rather than weld or braze. Car boot pliers, an old screwdriver blade cut to size and Roberto is Mammas brother.

Personally, I bite the bird across the head; simple, quick, and leaves the neck intact for stringing into braces.

Howsomever if you click on this link and go the "shooting Accessories" page they are priced up at £23 a pair, Item No SA031. Semark at Flintwood I'm surprised to see them listed, I thought they were discontined long ago.

Eug

Edited by eugene molloy

Pull out a stout wing feather, bend the birds head down onto it's breast and insert the quill of the feather into the joint between skull and neck vertibrae and scramble the brain. Very quick dispatch without clouds of feathers blood and decapitations or keystone cop antics with preists and lumps of wood!!

Works well on pheasants and pigeons.

Cheers