everyone always shows pictures of the bags

bgrangeb

See the thread "post a picture of your hide" maybe? :yes: Although I dont think many people posted there haha!

Harford made a good point though mate, if your hide is a good one, then no one will be able to see it in a picture haha ;) You want mw to just post up some pictures of hedgerows ? ???

I have never really gone for the idea of putting the decoys into a U shape because to me it does not look right.

I have spent alot of time watching birds in the fields and try to make my pattern look the same.

Like in some of the pics. the birds are in little groups here and there.

If the wind is coming from behind the hide then I will put one group of birds either side of the hide with a 20 yard gap between them (the killing ground) and I will then put a bouncer just to the outside of each group about 10 yards out.

I have found that this works well, especially if you have got a few flightlines coming in from different directions.

This also works with the wind coming from the front.

With the wind coming from one side (say the right) I will just put one group to one side of the hide (left) only about 15 yards and I will put one bouncer on the far side on the patter pointing away (preferabally towards a near tree, to act like one has finnished feeding and is going up into it to join the lofted decoys)

During the Winter we always use lofted deoys if we can because these will draw birds in from a long distance.

P1010009-1.jpg

P1010011-1.jpg

P1010019.jpg

P1010020.jpg

I have been shooting pigeons for 16 years now, but my dad has been shooting for over 30 years, so we like to think that we know what we are doing but the pigeons still catch us out. :yes:

Since 1997 we have been keeping a record of what we have shot, when we have shot it, what crop we shot them over and what the weather was like on the day and this all comes in handy each year, I sometimes draw little diagrammes of the hide and pattern aswell and maybe when my youngest brother is oldenough to to start shooting he can look through them.

I have been shooting pigeons for 16 years now, but my dad has been shooting for over 30 years, so we like to think that we know what we are doing but the pigeons still catch us out. :yes:

Since 1997 we have been keeping a record of what we have shot, when we have shot it, what crop we shot them over and what the weather was like on the day and this all comes in handy each year, I sometimes draw little diagrammes of the hide and pattern aswell and maybe when my youngest brother is oldenough to to start shooting he can look through them.

Great pics mate ;)

You do seem to know what your talking about ???

jase.

GREAT VIDEO, But you dident get those two woddies flying round that post in front your hide! :no:

Carbon

Thanks lads the reason they were missed was because i was on the camera

and my mate scaffman 73 was on the gun and he is a real **** shot :good::hmm::oops::yes:

This picture shows some of my decoy spread!

I hope goose pictures are ok. It's a long cold winter here and April 1st spring snow goose opener is a long ways off.

May208snows008.jpg

These are not pigeon but I think you'll enjoy.

May208snows011.jpg

May208snows013.jpg

May208snows034.jpg

May208snows030.jpg

GetAttachmentspecks.jpg

This one shows my hunters in their layout blinds with the doors open and the guy holding the collared ross goose is kneeling in his.

springsnows08006.jpg

Edited by manitobasnows