Welsh Squirrels

steve_b_wales

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice photo Steve, I think you have achieved what you set out to do (make people have a giggle). Just a shame all the pc brigade have come out to play again :), sometimes makes you wonder what they do all day mate.

And thanks Steve made me smile. :good:

It has absolutely nothing to do with being PC, far from it. It has everything to do with safety. The most important aspect of shooting bar none.

It was pointed out that the but was closed on a firearm that had been put down. that is all. there is only one time that a bolt should be closed, and that is when the shot is ready to be taken.

NO OTHER TIME IS ACCEPTABLE.

Your avatar says it all mate,

"there is only one time that a bolt should be closed, and that is when the shot is ready to be taken."

NO OTHER TIME IS ACCEPTABLE.

How do you store your rifle then, with the bolt out? :)

Been in any gun rooms lately? :good:

Your avatar says it all mate, :lol:

So does yours, if my misses was that good looking I would be on the net putting the world to rights as well.

Now chop,chop break time is over. :lol:

Yes it does, and I am glad that your honest enough to admit to it.

WELL DONE. :)

At the end of the day the bloke was just posting a funny picture, to make people have a little giggle at. And I am certain that it was done safely. Job done, finished.

Edited by chopper

If I had staged a similar picture I would have closed the bolt. Why does everyone assume it is loaded? Yes I agree you can never be too careful but its a little harsh to jump on this don't you think.

I agree and as I said earlier I find it annoying that people seem to think that from one photo they can assume so much about a person they have never even met.

Okay gentleman lets not get carried away again please.

If I had staged a similar picture I would have closed the bolt. Why does everyone assume it is loaded? Yes I agree you can never be too careful but its a little harsh to jump on this don't you think.

Axe,

Why is a semi auto shotgun assumed to be unsafe?

Is it because you cannot easily see that it is unloaded?

There is a statistic that a gun loads itself every 7 years. That is to say that a gun thought to be safe is the root cause of an accident.

Can't believe someone has so little humour in them that they fail to comprehend that the objective of the posed jape was to make it look like the squirrel was about to shoot the rifle. Homer seems to be a well chosen avatar in this case.

If you two are trying to display your above most of use you have acheived your goal - well done lads, goodho, top form, your obviously very pleased with yourselves. Have a gold star each - in fact have two each because you did very well today, don't forget to show them to mummy. :)

Of course the other other time a bolt could be closed is just after a shot has been taken - oh hang on - according to the wise elders that can't be right. :good:

For gods sake its a staged photo come on why are we arguing?

If this was a photo of a guy with the bolt closed and the photo wasn't staged, i.e not a mock up just a picture of his rifle then I would agree with you MC, the bolt should be open for all to see. But it wasn't, it was a photo intended to draw a smile from us, not all this rubbish dis-crediting the guys firearms handling.

Please could be take this in the way it was obviously intended rather than make the man feel bad about starting a argument when it was the last thing he wanted.

This little bit of a laugh doesn't look to me like it was done on some range where every possible piece of health and safety awareness is paramount so that other shooters can readily observe anothers gun is unloaded. Looks to me like it was done in a vermin control location where there are very few bystanders or observers to gasp in horror at a closed bolt or such like. :)

This is no ordinary photo - it is an M&S photo.

god alive,are you missing the point that the rifle is in a field,on a farm,4 miles from nearest house,pointing at a bank that slopes away at about 40 degrees,with only 2 people there one behind camera and one behind him,they both know the guns empty and safe?:lol:?

getting more like the bbs on here every day,only matter of time before more of them take hold here and start getting everyone banned for having a laugh.i wonder how many people on here drive with out seat belts ?? :):good::lol:

Edited by codling99

If you don't like someone elses opinion then close the door on your way out.

Getting back to my original post I was defending the statement that Bleeh made about the bolt being closed. You seem to think that that is OK and that is your opinion which you are entitled. I respect that.

My opinion comes from years of shooting on ranges where not only is it absolutely mandatory that the bolt is open unless the rifle is shouldered and pointing at the target but a brightly coloured breech flag has to been inserted into the chamber to ensure a round cannot be loaded.

I appreciate that the photo is staged, unless you have very tame grey squirrels where you are. But Bleeh was jumped on for making a perfactly valid point.

As for getting like the BBS, I don't think that will ever happen.

And FYI I don't drive without a seat belt, I also don't drink and drive either. Although I am guilty of speeding fairly often.

Obviously MC and bleeh don`t know Steve!?Steve IS one of the nicest person i`ve ever met and he has supervised me when i started on the centrefire rifle shooting.I`ve known him for a few years now,and for those people mentioned-safety is paramount when it comes to shooting with him,as it always should be!

Steve-we`ll still keep them squirels coming mate irrespective what other people might think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :good::yes: :o

The squirrels DEAD :lol: are u sure its DEAD :lol: cos I've known Steve for to many years to remember :good: I shoot with Steve regularly & a safer guy you won't meet, :lol: however, getting back to the DEAD squirrel :o I don't think it's dead cos Steve is the champion of the Welsh Squirrel Trainers, :lol: he & his trained squirrels can be seen at game/country fairs most years performing all types of shooting tricks, he's even got 1 called Annie Oakley :lol: I heard he has 1 thats a little awkward, so perhaps he gave it a slap resulting in a bloody nose :lol: Dead :yes: NEVER :lol: