My stolen hand gun

LeeinVA

I recovered the old girl from the Albemarle county Police.. I was worried about the condition she was in :huh: I had all sorts of thoughts :( Was she going to be scratched to hell.. Will she be so rusty she wont function? Well, to my surprise :P I opened the evidence box to discover she was bagged and tagged and covered with print dust.. Nothing rusty, then again i have not had a chance to look at the barrel.. The gun is nickel with a mirror finish.. The clip is clean :yes: They did do two test fires to catalog the weapon.. But this lad is damn lucky to have gotten her back, and i am happy.. I am tossing back a pint as we speak :good: :yp: :good: You gents can only imagine how great i feel knowing she is off the street.. If y'all were closer i would be buying the pints :yes: Cheers!!

Here is the link to her.. http://picasaweb.google.com/norseson/Christmas200#

Please don't take this personally, or the wrong way, it is purely an observation, especially since my government don't see fit to trust me to own a pistol.

But that is one fugly pistol no?

+1

but is insulting a mans firearm like insulting a mans wheels?

:good:

yes.. It is an ugly *** pistol.. I have seen better, however, my wife bought this for fathers day here in the US and it was a promotion as the Cobra Company was a very young company starting out.. She paid $ 100.00 for the thing and you have to love a woman that thinks a gun is as sexy as a new black thong :good: The pistol fits well in my back pocket and has never jammed.. Sometimes gents, looks dont matter.. No offence taken.. This yank has a hide a foot thick :huh: BTW.. Some banks offer guns as premiums to start a CD :good:

yes.. It is an ugly *** pistol.. I have seen better, however, my wife bought this for fathers day here in the US and it was a promotion as the Cobra Company was a very young company starting out.. She paid $ 100.00 for the thing and you have to love a woman that thinks a gun is as sexy as a new black thong ;) The pistol fits well in my back pocket and has never jammed.. Sometimes gents, looks dont matter.. No offence taken.. This yank has a hide a foot thick :lol: BTW.. Some banks offer guns as premiums to start a CD :yes:

nice to see u have it back :lol: just hope wasnt used in anything ( otherwise the police may come back for it ) ... nice gift too from the mrs :lol: sexy gun IN the black thong sounds dam good :lol::lol:

Edited by jinxy72

cant tell you how great it is to see a lady in a thigh holster.. They are almost designer items now.. :yes: I do have a call in to the Police.. An officer Sulley.. I want to know the facts about this crime.. Like i said you gents can only imagine the hell i have gone through worrying :lol:

A nice second hand may run you $ 450.00.. i had a friend of mine offer to sell me his for $ 300.00.. I declined as i am not a fan of the 9mm.. I bought a GLOCK 36 in .45 W/ 2 Mags for $ 400.00 used from another friend.. What are your laws for import? If possible i might be able to hook you up with some good links :yes:

It was just out of curiousity and jealousy that i asked, due to a paedophile from another country who had friends in the upper ranks of the Scottish Police killing a load of children 11 years ago, my government doesn't trust me with a handgun. But i am perfectly safe to have a 10 shot shotgun, a 12" barrelled revolver and a bolt action rifle that can reach out to just under a mile - go figure! :yes: Not that i'm bitter or anything you understand . . . . . ;)

I seem to remember just before the handgun ban here a Glock 17 would cost you £900 = $1400!!!! And that was 11 years ago so you can imagine how much we'd be paying now! Again, just out of curiosity, are you allowed to buy new high cap. mags again or are they still restricted to 10 rounds?

Thanks for the info :lol:

Mark

Edited by Breastman

Breastman ,

I bought a glock 17 new about 1 year before the ban . As i can remember it cost about £ 600 . When i handed it in because of the ban i recieved £ 800 for it . I made a profit on it . I handed in 7 hand guns and made a profit on all of them thanks to the estimation of the value by my local friendly dealer .

Harnser .

Harnser.. My god turning in guns? That almost hurts :yes: It must have been rough as i know here a war would break before we surrendered anything.. Understand something.. I came at you from across the pond, but i have really grown to like you chaps.. I speak of y'all often.. It seems we are so worried here in the US about what may think about the words we have said, but here in the UK! You blokes are right on to the point, and that **** is refreshing :lol: And breastman (that happens to be my favorite bit as well ;) ) I am much more afraid of a shotty then i am a handgun or rifle.. a 2 3/4 " 12 bore slug can go through a squad car.. I was shot a in '85 with a 12 bore and its a wonder i can see, and no i wasnt with Cheney either :lol: My home protection is my 10 bore with #5's.. Go ahead make my day :lol:

Glad to hear you weren't seriously hurt! I must admit if someone was to shoot at me i think i'd rather it was with a handgun that a shotgun or rifle! The arguement against handguns that is normally wheelled out over here is that they are concealable which makes them more dangerous. But then with a trench coat on you could easily hide a 28" barrelled O/U and loaded with SG/00 buck i wouldn't want to be anywhere near! :yes:

So can you get hi-cap pistol mags again now? Were they 'unbanned' when the assualt weapon laws were removed?

Mark

Yes the hi capacity mag ban died with the assualt rifle ban, and it is great that you know this :yes: right on mate.. The shotgun is a scary piece of machinery.. The Germans hated it in the trenches as did the VC in Nam.. I may seem like i am rambling, but understand this? i was hunting Deer last year.. it was nice and warm, about 70 degrees and i was in and out of sleep while laying in my blind.. A herd of Doe's happened buy and i loosed one 3" 00 buck shell, and two deer dropped.. I was 40 paces away.. The shotty scares the **** out of me..

I went to Vegas a few years back and went to a range where you could play with all kinds of goodies :yes: and i got talking to the guy that ran it and he told me about the ban. I always take interest in what is happening with any american restrictions anyway because if they can get passed over there they sure as **** will get passed here too! :lol:

Mark

Breastman.. isnt that the ******** truth.. That is why i have my eye on the boys from down under.. :yes: The world is smaller than it use to be.. My niece is serious with a bloke from London.. I may end up being a bloody fixture across the pond.. wonder if you gents could handle that :lol:

Lee ,

I have spent many ,many vacations in the states mainly because half my family are american and live in upstate new york . I always go out hunting and fishing when over there with my cousins and some good old boys .

My first white tail buck was shot in a place called hornel on the new york penns border . I shot the buck with a 12 gauge and rifled slugs ,as you can only shoot deer in new york state with a shot gun ,or bow ,or muzzel loader or hand gun during the different hunting seasons . It was the first deer i had taken with a shot gun and was amazed at the damage that the slug did to the deer . It was shot at about 40 yards in quite dense woodland and was half running and half walking at the time and i shot it through the left shoulder and killed it instantly . What surprised me was how quick the beast died and that there was blood 15 feet up the trunk of a maple tree that was behind the deer .

Yes you are quite correct in saying that you should be more wary of a shot gun than a hand gun .

Harnser .