locksmithing

lewis

Well.

My time is rapidly depleting in school and i have about 5 month's untill i get the boot.

So, I am considering going down the path of a locksmith.

Simply because on a locksmithing forum they were talking about how the trade need's new blood.

Anyway's i was wondering if anyone on this forum is a locksmith? -So i can have a chat with them and answer some of my question's that i have :good:

Cheer's

Yep!

First thing to do is see how many are in your area... something I told another member the other day!

Look in yellow pages, in London there are 30 pages of them all looking for a piece of the action... not easy!

I am a locksmith, but it is far from my main work and only brings on 10-15% of my income

Adam

I work with locksmiths on a regular basis and most of the times it is to make safe a premise after we have "accessed" it ! If you like regular hours, think again, most of the times I see him is early mornings and bank holidays as he works for both the council and the police as well as having the shop to run.

Like Adam has said, do a little research first, you may well be surprised.

My concern would be, is locksmithing a busy trade ? :good:

I can't think of anyone that I have known over the years who has ever mentioned needing a locksmith, I never have.

I have a mate who is a locksmith and I will think the best times were in the 90's during the recession.....Mega repro's so plenty business for locksmith's and reckon them times again are fast approaching!!!!!!

My concern would be, is locksmithing a busy trade ? :yes:

I can't think of anyone that I have known over the years who has ever mentioned needing a locksmith, I never have.

Seem to remember you losing your keys to the gun cabinet a fair while back and me getting ready to roll with my handy petrol cutter :good:

LB