Bee wax

mark_mjs93

hi just wondering does anyone know were i can buy some bee wax/polishing wax from in Bedford, and possibly a list of prices but if you dont know the prices then thats fine... , i need it to help with the stick im making... thanks for the help...

ps ill be using this wax to High Polish the Black buffalow Horn And maybe the deer antler, can anyone recomend what to coat the stick in as i have heard that varnish cracks... thanks for the help...

Mark

You don't need wax to polish buffalo horn it will come up beautifully by buffing with a cloth or polishing stick. I use wet and dry to 1200 and then use a very fine polishing paper or emery board. Antler comes up just the same. I sometimes use T cut which can be very effective.

Hope this helps

P

• 1 month later...
I've seen it in homebase near Goldington road, next to Frankie and Bennys. :good:

Toby.

extremely helpful toby :good: i read that and it sorta shocked me but then again lol you are from bedford, now tell me you DONT live on a boat, because that will be scarey, because i have a friend called toby who lives on a boat in priory marina....

ok ill take a look in there, and if i can find my stick should be done, OH one more question, the bark around my stick has started to crack what do i do to stop this?

extremely helpful toby :innocent: i read that and it sorta shocked me but then again lol you are from bedford, now tell me you DONT live on a boat, because that will be scarey, because i have a friend called toby who lives on a boat in priory marina....

ok ill take a look in there, and if i can find my stick should be done, OH one more question, the bark around my stick has started to crack what do i do to stop this?

Not quite, but I was visiting someone one a house boat at priory marnia the other day!! :blink: :lol: